Second Skin Audio

How do you guys pull out a flush mounted sub?

So glad I don't waste time making a flush mount.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

I usually don't pull out..... Giggity

Audio Build

Ride: 2002 Chevy Blazer 4 door

Head Unit: Pioneer deh-80prs

Subs: 4 DC Level 3 15's in a 4th order wall designed by Trent Choate and Jeff Smith

Subs Amp: AQ 3500.1 at wired at .5 (soon to be 2)

Mids/Highs Amp: Skar 85.4

Mids/Highs: Skar components

Electrical: Mechman 270 amp alt, 2 runs of Knu 0 gauge, XS Power d3400, 2 Deka Group 9a31

Build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167658-indianabasshead-blazer-dc-audio-4th-order-wall-build/

Perfomance Build

2003 Nissan 350z

Greddy Twin Turbo, 3" Test pipes with Borla high-flow cats, Crawford Performance Plenum, Greddy E-manage Ultimate ECU

Exedy Racing Clutch, Built Motor by Racing Innovations

Greddy Over-fender aero kit (1 of 20 ever made), 19" Racing Hart r5 pro wheels
466rwhp

Bike

2008 Midnight Blue Kawasaki ZX-14

Stretched 8" and lowered, Brocks Sidewinder exhaust, Power Commander 5

I know getting my 61lbs DC XLs wasn't easy to pull out of the box they we're in and have damaged the box a lil bit on the baffle but it's on the part where no one can see when a sub is mounted so it didn't bother me that much. With my new box i'm in process of the baffles are separated and have a gap around the sub to give me some room to get something under there and get the subs out.

Chevelle%20Team%20Cover%20without%20RE%2

^Vehicle log to come soon for this.^

Need to make a tool you can slide in the mounting holes that is flat and can slide under and grab it so you could pull it up. Kinda like a small longer flat head screwdriver with the end bent to 90deg like a hook or somthing

How about don't remove them after you mount them :)

jk

I usually just kill my finger tips, fuck lifting a 50lb+ sub out like that though.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

Just a thought but before mounting the sub put a stong string or something behind the gasket so when its time to pull sub out just pull sting. Kind of like the string/strap behind batteries in remotes.

good Idea, just put a small piece of like 100lb test fishing line under it and tuck it under the gasket so you cant see it

Used to have a loud truck

2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq

2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s

Just a thought but before mounting the sub put a stong string or something behind the gasket so when its time to pull sub out just pull sting. Kind of like the string/strap behind batteries in remotes.

good Idea, just put a small piece of like 100lb test fishing line under it and tuck it under the gasket so you cant see it

that sounds like a good idea, I think I'm going to pull it out soon just to try that.
On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm