Sonic Electronix

good budget sound deadening material

im looking for some decent budget sound deadening i plan to do my whole car floor,ceiling, all pillers, doors ect so i need something that wont cost 400 to do the whole car

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

Do not use anything that is supposed to belong on your roof. i.e. Peel and seal. To make sure it's deadner and not roofing material, make sure it is butyl based not asphalt

It's not going to be cheap, but you generally only need 25% coverage on a panel to stop rattle.

Deadners to look at :

Second Skin

Audio Technix

KnuKnoceptz

Stinger Roadkill

Soundqubed

And there are others, but I am drawing a blank.

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

Stinger roadkill expert..bulk pack 32sqft on eBay for 100$. Two could do your whole car. You do not need 100% coverage I only have about 26sqft in my truck still have a few sheets left and everythings deadener that needs to be

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

and I don't care what the rest of the internet has to say peelnseal is bullshit and I would NEVER put that shit in mu truck...i would rather rattle

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

Archived