Houston getting DOUCHED. Its straight Summer's Eve in this bish. 

IMG_2724.PNG

• Like (+1 Rep) 2
  • Haha (+1 Rep) 1

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

12 hours ago, audiofanaticz said:

If the coil wind height is different then the new coil then you wont be able to use it as a refrence, same goes for if you goto a different style basket, or use a different spider landing, or add any sort of spacers or vent rings between the top plate and basket.

Also its fairly hard to get an accurate reading off a recone that is already glued together due to the glue beads around the coil.
Your best case maybe setting the recone assembly on something flat like a table and measuring off the top of the table up towards the bottom of the spider lip that gets glued to the spider landing for the most accurate numbers.
Also get yourself a semi decent caliper, it will be WAY easier to do any measurements in MM and not inches. It will be a lot easier dividing and multiplying whole numbers than trying to use fractions.

Just giving you some tips is all, because it can be very tricky and frustrating to some for a first time complete build up.

Yeah the recone idea kinda went out the door last night since I started to look at it and thought it wouldn't be very accurate. 

Going out today and getting one of these: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005KL3OJ8/ref=asc_df_B005KL3OJ85140545/?tag=hyprod-20&creative=395033&creativeASIN=B005KL3OJ8&linkCode=df0&hvadid=167125219398&hvpos=1o2&hvnetw=g&hvrand=8367460680753137887&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9007578&hvtargid=pla-311057806051

or whatever lowes/home depot has close to it. 

Should be a lot better than trying to eyeball it then i screw it up. 

2008 VW Jetta

Team Fi 12 

CT 4000.1

CT 125.4

PWX 6.5

80 PRS

EB Flex 2/0

Second Skin

^^^ Build ^^^

6 hours ago, WalledSonic said:

Houston getting DOUCHED. Its straight Summer's Eve in this bish. 

IMG_2724.PNG

I'm just a hair to the right of you. We aren't getting it as severe as y'all but it's still crappy lol. My plant doesn't shut down for anything so I'm actually out here loading 18 wheelers with this water. But for what they are paying me, I'll be here all weekend lol.

Sitting around waiting to be installed:

4 FI X 10

270 CES alt

D3400/73ah lithium

AA 3800.1

(2) AA 75.4

IMG_0092.PNG

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

Testing out how to upload pics , Gold membership worth every penny makes loading pics easy.

Edited by Ron36
  • Like (+1 Rep) 2

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery