Anybody Familiar with Ford "Fly-by-Wire" Throttle Assemblies?

Yeah I figured it would have been. IDK my truck is wire and I have to clean it every 20-30k from the crap CA gas. I will start getting low idle codes and it idles rough, and it starts becoming noticeable, even though its already a slow pig lol.

If there is no code maybe unplug it all and let it start over, go for a good little drive.

Might be a good start. Really dont have time for this right now. Ugh.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

I feel you man....you seem to have a black cowd follow you sometimes. You will figure it out though.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

Could you off the air fiter tubing and visually verify if it's opening all the way? Either with they key in "run" (if the car allows that) or have a friend do a quick rev while you watch the valve

iirc drive by wire systems when floored seem to modulate around 70-80% actual throttle blade opening, i think it's for abuse or to increase the longevity of the drivetrain but i do believe a good tuner can program this out of the ecm so that how much you push the pedal is how much the throttle opens like on older throttle cable setups but i am not 100% sure on that part.

Brandon

2000 Furd Ranger supercab 4x4

System:

welding wire throughout the truck

USalts 390amp Hairpin

Juicebox in stock location

8 Banks of maxwell supercaps

2 American Bass Vfl 1100.1 wired to .35 each

2 Fi Audio Sp4 18's ( the DD sc 9918's smoked)

Pioneer radio with Soundstream PA mids Powered by a nice sized soundstream 2 channel

It's pronounced (dain-ja rain-ja) :ph34r:

2001 2 door focus

1 DD9918 SC 

You cant do anything with drive by wire systems other than to reprogram the PCM (powertrain control module)

Mine was upgraded by pcmforless.com and they made it so the stock programming had a slow throttle response, if you instantly floored the pedal the throttle body would open very slowly. Now with the tune and program it opens instantly with me slamming the gas. They do this with drive by wire designs to prevent lead footed people from burning their transmissions out or any other stuff like that from fast increases in power and torque.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

There is no codes for it as its not a problem. It is working as designed. And who knows if they reprogrammed that part of the PCM. There are a TON of settings you can adjust in the PCM such as shift times, throttle response, shift firmness, etc. I can't tell you what they did or did not do only suggest that it is all up to your PCM with how your transmission, throttle, and any other part of your cars performance function through that PCM.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

Maybe not a throttle problem at all? Maybe a fuel blockage (filter)? Maybe a fuel pressure issue? (pump, regulator)? It could take several trips for it to throw a code for a lean condition. Maybe a catalytic converter melting/plugging up? Those things usually have 4 of them (in California anyway). Dirty mass air flow sensor? Do you have a k&n filter in it? They are known for getting oil on the maf sensor wires. Just a thought.

Several systems, several vehicles. Always changing!

DCSig_zpsgm88292n.jpg

2013 MECA State Champion (trunk 1)

2014 MECA State Champion (mod 4)

2014 MECA state Champion (Park and Pound 4)

2014 DBDRAG 6th place North America Finals (SS1-2)

2014 BASS RACE 6th place North America Finals (139.9)

Fuel filter is brand new.

Fuel pressure is fine.

Cats (only two) longshot, would throw a code, but ill check 'em. Cats don't "melt" BTW LOL.

Sensor is fine, only a couple months old.

Filter is the one supplied by KB, not a K&N.

My tuner said to drive it only as needed until they check it out. Like to and from work and school. Im confident they'll figure it out.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Archived