Second Skin Audio

T nuts

brian85578

I used 10-24 thread machine screws to hold my SA-12s. They seem to be the perfect size, haven't had any issues. I also haven't pushed a T nut out since I started putting a little wood glue on them before pounding them in.

I have never used T nuts for any enclosures. my current subs (RF T2 15" x4) came with black screws and I plan on using them. They have allen screw heads.

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

So you're saying that I can't have a loud system because of the fasteners I use? Even though using them for me isn't going through too much hassle? :-\

I never said that if that's what you think so be it

Fyi iirc steve meade loves t nuts last I check he has a loud system............

Well you did insinuate it with your comment but it's all good, my last comment was tongue in cheek, although I'm not sure there is a smiley that represents that well...

Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc

Instagram: audioanarchyllc

Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe

aaresizehorizontal_zps47821bb2.jpg

So you're saying that I can't have a loud system because of the fasteners I use? Even though using them for me isn't going through too much hassle? :-\

I never said that if that's what you think so be it

Fyi iirc steve meade loves t nuts last I check he has a loud system............

Yep. I was told by a MOD on here, that has one of the biggest builds on here, to get the T-nuts. Thats where i got the idea.

Fact is, if i need to be THAT EXACT on 32 holes... no thanks.

SOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooo use what ya wanna use....

I thought about using then myself but like Kylar said I read about too many people complaining about them for me to go through the hassle of using them.. They probably work really well with real wood but I don't think MDF (too soft) is the best application for them IMO. Just get some beefy stainless/galvanized screws like N8 said and be done with it.

MDF isn't soft. It's much harder than most woods, which is why t-nut barbs bend when you try to install them with a hammer or with a screw attached to a drill.

What do you guys use to mount your subwoofers to box

I use hurricane nuts for smaller subs or ones I know are gonna go in and out of the box a lot. For anything else Spax screws http://www.spax.us

4 fully loaded Fi sp4 15's

2 Crescendo bc5500s

Crescendo c1100.4

6 focal mids

Vifa tweets

5 XS Power d3100's

Pioneer avh-p4200dvd

All crammed into a mustang.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150569-mikeg321s-fi-nendo-mustang-getting-walled-videos-page-4/

I thought about using then myself but like Kylar said I read about too many people complaining about them for me to go through the hassle of using them.. They probably work really well with real wood but I don't think MDF (too soft) is the best application for them IMO. Just get some beefy stainless/galvanized screws like N8 said and be done with it.

MDF isn't soft. It's much harder than most woods, which is why t-nut barbs bend when you try to install them with a hammer or with a screw attached to a drill.

whatever you want to think dude,drop it on the floor and see what happens.. IMO of course

whatever you want to think dude,drop it on the floor and see what happens.. IMO of course

Drop a carbide drill bit on the floor. Is it hardened steel or soft steel? Glass also fractures when dropped.

Archived