Been looking into the brightest LED interior lights I can find.

And it seems like there are 2 styles: One with a single large LED, and the other with more, smaller LEDs.

Aside from the obvious size difference, is one brighter than the other?

There's this type, which is 1 watt

SKU018698.jpg

And this type, which I can't seem to find any wattage info on. That would probably be most helpful in answering my question. If anyone knows feel free to say :D

31-V2ni1KaL.jpg

We sell something similar to those multi led ones and they are pretty bright, but have no Idea of those singled diode ones

25d9cf71-fff8-4b67-a8f5-28c80d5ea859_zps7d3fe7f6-90c4-4939-b709-43f0e5812212_zps

2018 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback (build in progress)

NVX Sound Deadener (Front Doors)
Stinger FAST Rings

Stock Electrical

SSA Evil 6.5's Front Speakers
Stock rear speakers

MB Quart ONX4.80 speaker amp
Rockford Fosgate T-1500bdcp
DC Level 4 12" D1 @ 2-ohm
Box In Design Stage
Stock Radio
My Build Log

I've heard things about how the more power you put to an led doesn't have a linear relationship to how much light it outputs. i.e. 2 .5w leds should be brighter than 1 1w led. I know that is with higher powered leds so I'm not sure if it'll affect the output of these little ones that much but personally I'd go with the more leds with littler

I've gotten a blowjob and picked up my iphone behind her back to see what email notification I got from smd before

Check with the people in my Signature- HYPER LEDs. Just click on the hyperlink image and there should be some contact info there that you can email them and ask.

This guy knows more about LEDs than any man has the right to. lolz

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

i have the kind in the second picture, but lots more LED's with a separate connector. it puts out a good amount of light. in my opinion, while the first pic may be bright enough, it's more of a directed light and you don't rely on the reflector part to help with dispersion

I went to vleds.com for my led bulbs on my truck. Mine all work nice and only ran into a problem on my stop lights because they aren't normal style sockets but rather SRCK sockets where the pin outs are different. Normal bulbs wouldn't make a difference in that but LED bulbs do and they will blow the fuse if you install normal led bulbs where a SRCK bulb should be installed. Just make sure if you do all led conversion like I am that you test the polarity of each blade in the bulb socket to ensure you buy the right bulbs. See here for info about the pinouts on normal and CK style plugs http://www.vleds.com/bulb-type/tail-brake-turn-signal/3157-3156-led/red-led/3157-red.html it has pictures of the bulb I ordered but they have 2 pics you can click on and see the wiring difference.

As for your dome lights, do you have a reflector housing in them? If you do then you may want to look into a bulb that has lights on both sides to illuminate it more. If not then just get one like you have in the second pic. I would think the one with more diodes would be brighter, usually single diode ones are pretty dim from my experience seeing friends cars with them.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

^^OK cool. Good info

My housings don't have reflectors in them lol

My dome lights did but I had to pull them out when I converted. The stock reflectors are pretty useless in my truck anyway and I had to pull them out because the led bulb was a little larger than a stock halogen. It worked out in my favor because it is so much brighter. I bought 5k white led's when I got all of mine. I love them inside and for my backup lights because they are so damn bright. The only weird thing I noticed is that with my dome lights the stock covers have a square pattern on them and it messes up the beam color. If you look at my seats or anywhere the light is beaming onto you can see little blue spots because the cover is playing with the light. Just a little heads up on that.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

Archived