Amart88 Posted August 16, 2013 Report Posted August 16, 2013 Anyone have any experiences of cheap reliable vehicles? Preferably easy on gas. Used. Looking for a beat around town daily driver. The blazer is not very practical for some things or sitting in a public lot all day. Open to any suggestions or experiences. Looking to spend no more than 1500$ Off topic, If I had some more money I would love to get a fast car. Older mustang or something similar. Dreams... My 2005 s10 blazer build. 4 zcon 18's walled.
79 cutty Posted August 16, 2013 Report Posted August 16, 2013 Pains me to say it, but I can't get my wife's Saturn's to take a shit on me and it's not for lack of trying. Only maintenance I have done in the last 75k miles is oil changes, still runs like a top Firm believer in letting my cars do my talking! You can't rush quality, it doesn't happen overnight. Quality takes time and dedication, but the end results more than pay for it. "Black Pearl" Build Thread http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/67183-1985-buick-regal-limited-build-log/page-1
bighossf150 Posted August 16, 2013 Report Posted August 16, 2013 I was in the same position as you a few months ago, I was lookin for a late 90's-early 00's reg cab silverado for under $5k so I wouldn't have to drive my walled f150 everywhere but I ended up getting a '13 sierra crew cab lol Used to have a loud truck 2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq 2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s
Guest Posted August 16, 2013 Report Posted August 16, 2013 93-97 corolla. mid 90's explorers with the 4.0's volvo.
Borris The Blade Posted August 16, 2013 Report Posted August 16, 2013 Pontiac is a solid choice. The 3.8 v6 is a strong motor. I have a 99 Hyundai Accent with a 160,000 and is still going strong, but slow as fuk. Getting 36+mpgs. It's like rubbing your wiener up against a sheep.
tacomaguy1 Posted August 16, 2013 Report Posted August 16, 2013 Pains me to say it, but I can't get my wife's Saturn's to take a shit on me and it's not for lack of trying. Only maintenance I have done in the last 75k miles is oil changes, still runs like a top Same, my dads had 300k on it with only oil changes Than it got stolen lol Team Flex Issues
ROLEXrifleman Posted August 16, 2013 Report Posted August 16, 2013 95-97 cavalier Rolex you sicken me. Just let me finish my pie ~ Juice
CommonSyns Posted August 16, 2013 Report Posted August 16, 2013 Jeep XJ Cherokee, Cheap, Easy to maintain, Runs forever, Just change the oil. 92-99 Cherokees XJ Don't go for 84-90 Cherokees, Renix Sucks. Just make sure its a I6 4.0L Engine, and you should be fine. Skar Audio SDR 10" x2 (Sealed Box) Skar Audio 1500.1D (1 Ohm) x1 Skar Audio TX525c (Front with dash tweeter) x1 Kenwood Excelon KFC-X173 (Rear Coax) x1 JL Audio 360.4 (Mids & Highs Amp) x1 DEH80-PRS XS Power d3400 Singer Alternator 275A 98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed
Guest Posted August 16, 2013 Report Posted August 16, 2013 Pontiac is a solid choice. The 3.8 v6 is a strong motor. I have a 99 Hyundai Accent with a 160,000 and is still going strong, but slow as fuk. Getting 36+mpgs. x2 on the 3800 except when the coolant hasn't been changed regularly and the stock piece of shit dexcool chemically breaks down and starts to eat away at the intake manifold gaskets. my monte has that motor and its sipping on the coolant. which reminds me, i gotta check the overflow and top it off LOL. plus some of the transmissions attached to the 3800's are complete trash, like the 4t65e which is what mine has. 3rd gear is almost nonexistent because of the slow ass shifts when the fluid is warm/hot. a shift kit firmed it up though but its still bad sometimes. edit: dat torque doe on the 3800. i love it lol. i break the front tires loose at a red light sometimes on accident with almost 160k miles.
Amart88 Posted August 16, 2013 Author Report Posted August 16, 2013 Thanks for all the input fellas. Yeah, If it lasts me a couple of years for that cheap of a car than it would be worth it. My 2005 s10 blazer build. 4 zcon 18's walled.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.