Jump Drive / USB memory stick - opinions wanted...

I use a 16gb version of the sandisk posted above with no issues. Need to grab a 32gb on though. Filled the 16gb way quicker then I expected. I love how small it is and that it doesn't stick way out of my deck. I have very little load time on my Kenwood as well.

pgsig.png

working with computers for so many years I know this to be "untrue" .... I've formatted many external HDD into FAT32 using DOS or 3rd party software... Did this for PS3 when they first launched as well... in 2006 so I can get HD vids on external.... only limitation is the file can be no bigger than 4GB (single file).... Just saying... I haven't done it for a while but my previous Pioneer USB HU worked with a 250gb external which didn't require a separate power source.. the problem is voltage supply on the USB connection from the HU .... I don't have a 80PRS but plan to get one... but if you test it or have a manual stating it's voltage output it could maybe be used in the same manner.. Just a thought

That was long

Kyle, I am pretty sure you will have issues with anything larger than 32gb. You have to use fat32 to format them and unless the headunit supports NTFS or something then you are stuck.

You might be able to partition it into several 32GB drives but my last hu would only see the first partition.

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.

Also, if you're like most of us .. you're a information/music hoarder ... 32GB could go quickly... I vote for this http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=964349&Q=&is=REG&A=details

$40 for 64GB mini flash drive

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

working with computers for so many years I know this to be "untrue" .... I've formatted many external HDD into FAT32 using DOS or 3rd party software... Did this for PS3 when they first launched as well... in 2006 so I can get HD vids on external.... only limitation is the file can be no bigger than 4GB (single file).... Just saying... I haven't done it for a while but my previous Pioneer USB HU worked with a 250gb external which didn't require a separate power source.. the problem is voltage supply on the USB connection from the HU .... I don't have a 80PRS but plan to get one... but if you test it or have a manual stating it's voltage output it could maybe be used in the same manner.. Just a thought

That was long

Kyle, I am pretty sure you will have issues with anything larger than 32gb. You have to use fat32 to format them and unless the headunit supports NTFS or something then you are stuck.

You might be able to partition it into several 32GB drives but my last hu would only see the first partition.

my bad, you are right. I have had issues with windows XP formatting with fat32 though 32GB. I just spaced off that for some reason. derp moment.

do you have the ability to test the output voltage of the USB on the 80PRS ??? voltmeter or anything???

I'd like to re-purpose an old SSD for this when I do upgrade, not sure when it'll be so I might just use it for movies at the gf's place

That was long

my bad, you are right. I have had issues with windows XP formatting with fat32 though 32GB. I just spaced off that for some reason. derp moment.

do you have the ability to test the output voltage of the USB on the 80PRS ??? voltmeter or anything???

I'd like to re-purpose an old SSD for this when I do upgrade, not sure when it'll be so I might just use it for movies at the gf'.

SSD in a vehicle would be sweet. Considering they are shock and vibration resistant... price becomes an issue there. But the speed is ridiculous.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

Archived