Charging XP3000 overnight?

Alright, so it finally hit 14.16v before I went to bed at 2:30am, so I took it off the charger and let it sit overnight. 11:30am right now and it's still 13.03v (checked it an hour ago it was 13.03 then too). I thought that it would fall a lot lower and that's what you meant by charging, draining, charging, etc.

Do I still need to do another charge cycle or is there something I'm supposed to do to drain it so that I can recharge it? Or does having it rest at 13.03 overnight mean that it's full charged now and I don't need to do anything else?

ninja.gif Build in progress ninja.gif

It's probably not needed to cycle it. But it wouldn't hurt. Given the voltage it was at before I still would, personally.

Yes it's fully charged. It's holding good voltage. But snow knows his shit. And with snows skills he can bring dead battery's back, or take good batteries and actually make them stronger (hold higher resting voltage, and train them to sustain higher draws)

Any time I have an electrical question I PM him.

Just like any time I have a technical match audio question I PM tony damore

My old YouTube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/SwordLords1234?feature=mhee

My old build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161872-96-accord-b2-sundown-sky-high-dc-power-re-re-build-for-heatwave/page-37

My New Build - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/207041-2016-mazda-6-sql-build/

2016 Mazda 6 Touring

JL Fix 86 - OEM signal correction

B2 prototype DSP 6to8

B2 Ref63 - 3 way active set

2 B2 Class H quattro's

1 B2 Zero.5R @.5

2 B2 HNv3 12 d2

B2 SLIP40 - Lithium in the trunk

Northstar Group 35 under the hood

100ft 2/0 welding cable

30ft 4ga welding cable

20ft 8ga welding cable

All stinger OFC speaker wire

Soundrive custom RCA's

Tons of attention to detail.... Can it be perfect?

I'm still a little confused on that though. Do I need to drain it? I remember Snow said something about charge, drain, charge, etc. My Battery Tender Plus doesn't have a built-in drain feature or anything so how would I go about draining it to recharge it again? Or has it already "drained" from the 14.16v it was at last night basically. That was what I was trying to get at, sorry for the confusion guys :pardon:

I was always wondering how Snow drained his batts as well. Something light a headlight, which would take awhile. Or some huge load.

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

A friend told me something about how some chargers have a built in drain feature but mine doesn't have that. Wondering if I'm not going to be able to do it without one. Regardless, I'll be taking the time out at least once or twice a week to top of the batts from now on just to be safe :)

I use the running light resistor out of a subaru forester. It's .3 ohms, gives a draw of roughly 25 amps

http://www.ebay.com/itm/04-SUBARU-FORESTER-X-WAGON-MAN-TRAN-DRL-DAYLIGHT-RUNNING-LIGHT-RESISTOR-USED-OEM-/171068805045?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27d47ecfb5&vxp=mtr

Throw some clips on there, dunk the thing in a full glass of water to keep it cool (it will boil) and you're good to go

S__422E_zpsf127953a.jpg

By the way: Letting your batteries sit =/= drain cycle ;)

Archived