What's gonna happen with Windows 8?

Windows 7 isn't broken, so I won't switch over until Microsoft breaks it.

Which they will.

Yeah my dad literally just ordered a windows 8 laptop yesterday to replace his 2003 windows XP Dell haha, it was so slow you could make a box all the way around the screen with the mouse lag.

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

Fucking love Alan you goddamned fucking super nerd lol

When Alan uses big words I don't understand

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

RIP 5/29/15 - I love you son.

They wont mess with 7. Its the new pro version meaning companies are using it and will be switching to it especially with xp going eol.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I actually don't mind Windows 8 at all. It took a little bit of getting used to, but I'm having no problems with it.

I'll admit that I hated "Metro" during the developer preview, but that's because there was only just a handful of apps that even took advantage of the features.

The only thing I hate now is that I have to organize the Metro "start" menu manually

2016 Ford Focus SE

No build log yet
DC Audio 1.2K
2x DC Audio Level 2 10"

For what its worth, all my machines are running windows ultimate 64bit for a while (my laptop, gaming pc, garage pc, my crappy laptop with a cracked screen, and my 2 old rigs that I gave to my moms and step dad).

Just compatability with some of my programs I run on occasion is not enough to keep 8..

With start is back or freeware things windows 8 was alright but still the program issue.

Serato is a big one for me, maybe a new version fixes the issue but I have no way of getting new anymore.

Oddly Termlap and Termpro seem to run better on 7 also, less buggy and never crashed on 7 like it has on 8.

Sadly that run in windows 7 or xp mode just dont work.... Hell I cant even install simcity on win7 and have it run as ME..

They wont mess with 7. Its the new pro version meaning companies are using it and will be switching to it especially with xp going eol.

People thought they wouldn't mess with XP... but with how bloated SP2 and SP3 are, it just over-consumes resources until you give up, try the next great thing (win 7 at the time) and all of a sudden your machine is snappy as hell.

It's not gonna happen tomorrow, but within the next couple of years it'll happen. Microsoft is trying to speed up their OS upgrade cycle.

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

Stick with it. It gets better

Use the search for programs just like you normally would. Take advantage of the new touchpad functionality for switching between windows and I promise it will get better. I've grown to like it

My MacBook is dual booted with Windows 8.1. I like it but I hate that you can't print from all software.

2003 Tahoe

dc 7.5k

dc level 5 15's (3)

MMats 341's

xs power batts

lots of sky high cable

dual alts(came off the sky-high gmc and don't know who made them)

ipad in center console

vu-din in center console

all being ripped out and being sold

I just switched to Win8 last night and I haven't had an issue with it. The Start Screen isn't bad at all once you add, remove, and rearrange programs to your liking. My girlfriend wasn't a fan of the Start Screen so installing Classic Shell and adding a Windows 8 icon solved that issue pretty quickly for her.

I haven't had any issues with software or driver compatibility though I'll be sure to update if I find anything specific.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

Dwn4BassAlan loves N8 lol

I've worked with system admins at my most recent job; they're the real deal but each specialize in certain things. I wouldn't describe them as 'jacks of all trades' if you know what I mean.

My experience with Windows 8 is that I hate it. The first time I actually used it was when someone brought in a laptop to trade in at my even older job, and I was just trying to get to system properties. And couldn't without searching for it. 8 is a pile

2016 Subaru BRZ | Sony XAV-AX100 | Rockford Fosgate DSM 4080 & DSM 40ix |

On 6/6/2012 at 6:32 PM, 'LZTYBRN' said:

3. Don't put speakers outside the car unless you are the ice cream man.

My feedback thread

Archived