__d_a_v_i_d__ Posted August 30, 2013 Report Posted August 30, 2013 3.4 cubes with a 6" port tune to 34hz. I loved it .. Was doing 144s on dash with music .only a Saz 3k. It's ur box It's the vehicle. The tune could be a problem as well. I'd drop the power and give them 4.5-5 cubes with plenty of port to operate efficiently. Flared ports, on both ends. 5 cubes for 2 10s ???... i still stand on the 3.4 cubes with 6" aero. tune to 34hz got nasty low Chevy Impala Shocker Sigs / TC Sounds 12s Sundown NS-1 | SAX 100.4 Sundown Neos | Dayton Audio Neos ETCCC ETCCC ETCCC My YouTube ---- Subcribe!!
Kyblack76 Posted August 30, 2013 Report Posted August 30, 2013 Rolling with David here. No way DD recommends a 46hz tune. More volume, and knock 10hz off the tuning. The , let it eat. Great gear by the way. SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
RooTxBeeR Posted August 30, 2013 Report Posted August 30, 2013 Rolling with David here. No way DD recommends a 46hz tune. More volume, and knock 10hz off the tuning. The , let it eat. Great gear by the way. x2 On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said: Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol. On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said: fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said: I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha Soon To Be '04 Ford Escape US Alternator 280A Hairpin D4800 Under the Hood (6) XP3000's in Rear 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply Pioneer DEH-80PRS DD AW6.5 (2) per door *Tweeter Unkown* DD SS4a & C3d (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm (2) 15" Sundown Zv5
IH8PunkRok Posted August 30, 2013 Report Posted August 30, 2013 Guys its the car The trunk of these cars is completely separated from the rest of the car. No holes or anything. I am sure it is loud as fuck in the trunk though. Maybe bore some holes into the trunk area behind the seats to allow the pressure to enter other than that you are pretty much fucked -Matt2005 Dodge Magnum RTJVC KD-AVX1 2 PPI S580.2 Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters PRV 8MB450s Audio Legion 3500.1D 2 RE MT 18s 360 ah LiFePO4 BatterySHCA 2/0 155.2 @ 29 hzKicker CVR 15's buildDD 3512e buildMini T-Line Build(6) 8s BuildNightshade 15s Wall BuildMagnum AB XFL 12s BuildNewest Magnum Build
Kyblack76 Posted August 30, 2013 Report Posted August 30, 2013 You can lay those subs in a box, ran of that amp, in the driveway and get louder that a 33 ?!? No? Am i high? A 33 ??? Seems hella wrong to me. :shrugs: SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
n8ball2013 Posted August 30, 2013 Report Posted August 30, 2013 Dd recs a 42 or 40 tune for one. Open air is death the boot that separates the trunk from the top well is death. Expecting too much out ooof an install ij a subpar car THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
IH8PunkRok Posted August 30, 2013 Report Posted August 30, 2013 he says it is ported into the cabin but I am seriously wondering how. Stock these cars do not come with any kind of pass through -Matt2005 Dodge Magnum RTJVC KD-AVX1 2 PPI S580.2 Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters PRV 8MB450s Audio Legion 3500.1D 2 RE MT 18s 360 ah LiFePO4 BatterySHCA 2/0 155.2 @ 29 hzKicker CVR 15's buildDD 3512e buildMini T-Line Build(6) 8s BuildNightshade 15s Wall BuildMagnum AB XFL 12s BuildNewest Magnum Build
ChevyBoy95 Posted August 30, 2013 Report Posted August 30, 2013 Hi Guys, I finally finished and tuned my car... Car 2003 Miata Head Parrot Asteroid Smart 3v pre-out Doors 2 x DD AT28 4 x DDAW3 2 x DD W6.5 Amp DD S4b Boot 2 x DD 9510 Amp DD M4 I LOVE the front stage, was extremely surprised how clean, clear and wholesome the front stage is.... The Subs are a let down, they are in a 2.5 cubic foot box, facing the back of the car, 2 x 4" ports 8"long , tuned to 46-47hz directly ported into the cabin. With the boot open I hit 136.2db at the dash, with the boot closed 133.4db My issue is, I feel I should be getting MUCH higher db, I am pumping around 5000w of power into 2 SPL subs in an less than optimum (but still acceptable) enclosure. before you reply.... I know convertibles are bad at db, but I like and car, so don't say "change the car" Please advise.... this is your problem. Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's] BL : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/
n8ball2013 Posted August 30, 2013 Report Posted August 30, 2013 No and there id a well the top fold down into that would cause you to end up with a wet trunk if you cut into it. Unless a ton of worm has been done and the car is no longer a vert. He could get a hsrd top for it and kill the whole vert assembly. THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
slowfkncar Posted August 30, 2013 Report Posted August 30, 2013 I have done many miatas,there are three things that greatly reduces SPL in that vehicle,the trunk floor is very thin,you cant see it but it is flexing like a mother fucker,your steel trunk,needs more mass and some deadening,because the trunk is held on by two tiny arms that are riveted & weak,the metal frame above the gas tank,below the rear window will also flex and cause a horrible metal vibration noise. I did a single sundown 12" and a saz2500,and it flexed the shot out of everything even after fiberglass & deadener (alot!) I have found this trunk loves 36hz tuning. Depending on box position &subwoofers
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.