Jump to content

Has anyone ever inherited A lawsuit before?


Recommended Posts

Posted

My case scenario is that, my grandfather passed away from mesothelioma and I was devastated. My aunt took care of him all of A sudden when she found out that she could get money, pushed away every single one of my family member. My mother, brother, sister and now she's trying to push me out of the picture. She deleted everyones numbers, telling cousins/relatives lies about being my family being drug addicts, drunks, encouraged my grandfather to take my family out of the will besides me because I was always there for him but when she told him these lies he was sick, and he was delirious.

Now she's telling that mesothelioma checks come in randomly? I've received money...but at random ass times, drawn off her bank account, and when I question her how much I was really supposed to get and how much the lawsuit was, she gets all pissed off and rambles onto A different topic. What I'm trying to get here is, when you get A lawsuit filed, let's just say I was supposed to recieve 60k, do I get it in A lump sum? or dispersed checks over the years? I'm not about the money at all, it's just that my aunt is very conniving and smart, and has been living off my dead grandmothers social security and pensions and I'm not trying to get fucked like everyone else because I would love to help my family out(We don't even have couches to sit on in the living room, barely any food in the house and struggling with rent, I've lived in 15 different homes in 6 years due to the lack of money(my mother is mentally disabled and my father can only do so much)

I hate to ask this shit on here, but I want to hear from A persons side, not some random ass lawyer hackling me for my money. I'm wondering if I can take legal actions and figure out the lawsuit deal, seeing how I'm entitled to it, so I can sue this bitch and get my family A new car and back on track with bills.

Posted

I cannot help, but I wish you the best of luck man. I hope you get everything straightened out

pPFs4E8.jpg

06 Mini Cooper S

Sundown, SoundQubed

Cadence, XS Power

151s Sealed

155s Outlaw

Windshield @ 37hz

Posted

I cannot help, but I wish you the best of luck man. I hope you get everything straightened out

Thanks dude, It's just so sad to see how people can get over money. I just don't like being taken advantaged of, especially when it's over A death.

Posted

Bro, i'm no expert, but have heard of this. Go find yourself a lawyer, many would jump on this case with no fee's until they win the suit, which seems to be legit.

Hell, you may get extra if she named you as one of those that are a "drug addict or drunk." Slander.

SMD Super Seller


My Feedback Thread

Posted

Bro, i'm no expert, but have heard of this. Go find yourself a lawyer, many would jump on this case with no fee's until they win the suit, which seems to be legit.

Hell, you may get extra if she named you as one of those that are a "drug addict or drunk." Slander.

Was hoping you'd chime in, I always just assumed you have to pay lawyers upfront, or A portion. I'll be heavily looking into this once the weekend is over, she's now posting shit on my Facebook about my "Drunk" mother who hasn't even taken A sip in over 2 years. Oh, and to top it off, she's fucking 57. WHAT 57 YEAR OLD POSTS DRAMA ON FACEBOOK? I'm 18 and she won't even deal with me over the phone because she knows I'd shut her right the fuck up.

Posted
Posted

A Couple things here to shine a tad bit of light on things.

Those lawyers you see on tv or hear on radio commercials that say "we dont get paid til you get paid" or other variations of that are somewhat sketchy.

Sure you may think it sounds legit, well this lawyer will do all this work and if we lose I dont have to pay him, sweet lets do this!

Well first of all, those types of lawyers are very picky on the cases they take on, they want it to be a guaranteed 110% win or they wont touch the case! While you think you may have a great case and a bunch of evidence those lawyers may think differently depending on how information is obtained, and various other things.

Another thing to watch out for is if they do take your case and they know its open and shut and your going to win, what percentage of your winnings are going to that lawyer for his pay. Often times these lawyers work of a rather high percentage rate from your winnings, so that is something else to watch out for. Its not unheard of for some of these type lawyers to cost more in the end then a typical lawyer that you have to pay a retainer fee for, and pay by the hour, and every phone call they make is $50, etc. However if your flat broke, and you got a winning case, these lawyers maybe your ONLY option for any results, and with that its like they prey on poverty.

As for the payouts.

Typically if you sued a company, organization, or won the monopoly at mcdonalds, inheritance, or even hit the jackpot at the casino or lottery you typically get paid monthly.

So say you won $100,000, you will get a check every month for 60 months at $1,666.66

Also dont forget you have to pay taxes on those winnings, which ruffly is about 25%, so after you pay your taxes on that money every year after its all payed out and your taxes are all payed in your left with about $75,000...

Now sure you can normally get a lump sum of cash and get it all at once instead of waiting for monthly payments, but thats where they get you, and you get got good!

Unless the money is winnings from lottery, or something like monopoly you will then typically need to go back to court and fit that company again for a lump sum payout most the time.

If you take the lump sum payout your not looking at much money at all, of that $100,000 the lump sum is about half that, so $50,000!

The good thing is you now only have to pay in taxes on that $50,000 which leaves you with $37,500....... And while it looks like a big number when its typed out, it goes QUICK, To Quick!!!

So it comes down to getting $75,000 over the next 5 years, or $37,500 right now, which cant even buy you a decent house.

Sure that $1,666.66 monthly check dont sound like much, but hell even a $500.00 check monthly would help so many people.

Another way to look at it also is, its not going to be the kind of money you can retire on, either option you take your going to end up working, unless your talking of a settlement of a couple million bucks.

 

 

Posted

You know I shut my PC down and was going to pass out for a few hours, but then I remembered the other thing I wanted to say.

So please dont try to take this the wrong way at all, I know your stance and point of view on it, the majority of my family is gone that I was close too (mainly my mothers side).

Ive lost my father, and my step dad that was more of a father. Money brings out the worse of people, and familys, and or family members that got squat, those types that can never pick up a phone on the holidays but they are like bloodhounds when they here inheritance!

With that being said, take a big step back, and look at this from your aunts side.

She took care of him when he was sick, im sure some other family members helped but the majority of the work was done by her, Id also assume she spent a lot of HER money on his NEEDs, like medications, doctor visits, etc.

There is a reason why she is the one getting the benefits, and not anyone else, what that reason is Im not 100% sure of, but one of them could be what I just said above.

But since the benefits are in her name and no one elses, it really is no one elses business to know what she is getting paid.

Now that she is getting paid are some of those family members that where never around starting to be all buddy buddy?

From how it sounds is she is paying you some of the benefits, this is odd to me if she is spreading all these rumors about your family, maybe its another family member pissed off trying to get everyone riled up and pissed at her, and its working so now she is avoiding all family. Hey its a possibility.. Like I said money makes family go crazy!

But if she is handing some money down to you, then she most likely acknowledges that you where there for him, and helped him, and thats why she is in return helping you. The way it sounds is she dont have to pay you anything, or tell you how much she is even getting.

Now if you start to push her to the edge and piss her off, Im sure those payments you receive will stop!

Legally I dont think you would even have a case to even sue for money, but thats just me, and even an attempted law suit or her hearing about possibly getting sued could hurt what your currently getting.

Maybe your aunt is being this way for your family's own good, but you just cant see that at the moment because money is blinding you.

Sure that lump sum sounds like it could change things for your family instantly, and your right, but with in a year or so you will be right back how you are now.

Like I said it goes fast, trust me on that one is all I can say, the lump sums are not worth it, and your on the loosing end big time. I just really want this to settle into your head, because it seems like your after that lump sum of money that you have no idea how much or little is even there. This can be a reason right there why your aunt has it, because she wont be foolish and take that lump sum, and yes it is foolish!!!

Lastly, one more thing for you to think about.

Just because she is the one collecting the money now, doesnt mean she will always be. Often times people list other people as beneficiary, and if anything happens to them, you could be the next in line. Granted I cant say if you are or not, nor would your aunt most likely tell you, but it is that possibility.

So please dont due something stupid and take out your aunt!!!! LoL

Im just trying to enlighten you on a few reasons that seem like they could be very plausible in this case.

And again, just say no to lump sums, unless that lump sum of money is 1 million dollars or more where you can actually retire from it, buy a nice house, nice car, and even have some money left to blow away on a couple toys, and invest in stocks.

Sorry for these 2 posts being so long, but you and anyone else in a similar issue should find some worth in them.

PS: and no I didnt take the lump sum, tho it was a 401k payout left to us, and after paying off what was left on my house, and my mom and step dad paying off their vehicles, and buying a Harley, paying off bills/debts and some needed home repairs at their house as well as mine, and my rubber roof leaking and trashing my bedroom. Not much is left, wait, nothing is left, but what is invested and cant really be touched.

 

 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2164 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...