DC Sound Lab

DC Audio Amp Dyno Results. 2.0k video on page 4

Now that is an extensive set of tests! :D

And what a battery bank to back it all up.

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

Don't really understand the 5K #'s at all. Why did the voltage go so low on the un-certified? And the output dropped as well?

6K + on certified, but why would the un-certified get lower?

Edited by Purplehaze

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

Solo X 15 (v.2) Sub Build

Don't really understand the 5K #'s at all. Why did the voltage go so low on the un-certified? And the output dropped as well?

maybe pushed to clipping created heat and resistance ?

Banner_468x60.jpg

REP

I am going to retest the 3.5k and 7.5k once I receive my toolmaker dual 2/0 inputs for SHCA wire.

I have a theory that I want to test and have the ability to with the dyno.

I am going to test single 1/0 input vs single 2/0 input vs dual 1/0 input vs dual 2/0 input.

What I am looking to find is what the difference in power output is and find out what the proper way to wire up each amp is to get the most power from it.

I have had people ask me to wire the amps up just using the single power and ground or dual power and ground in the case of the 5k and 7.5k. My response to that is, if you are going to spend $500-$1000-$2000+ on an amplifier, why are you going to cheap out an not buy a couple of $30-$40 sets of dual inputs and a few more feet of wire to properly feed your amp? That is like buying a lamborghini and running 87 octane through it because it is $.50 cheaper.

But if the amp only comes with single or dual inputs then shouldn't that be enough and that's how it should be tested?

Idk that's my way of thinking about it

Team Flex Issues

I am running tests back to back with very little time for the batteries to recover. That is why the drop down to 13.5 on the uncertified test. Ideally I would let the batteries sit for a few minutes between each test, but with so little time and so many tests to run, I just cant.

I am going to retest the 3.5k and 7.5k once I receive my toolmaker dual 2/0 inputs for SHCA wire.

I have a theory that I want to test and have the ability to with the dyno.

I am going to test single 1/0 input vs single 2/0 input vs dual 1/0 input vs dual 2/0 input.

What I am looking to find is what the difference in power output is and find out what the proper way to wire up each amp is to get the most power from it.

I have had people ask me to wire the amps up just using the single power and ground or dual power and ground in the case of the 5k and 7.5k. My response to that is, if you are going to spend $500-$1000-$2000+ on an amplifier, why are you going to cheap out an not buy a couple of $30-$40 sets of dual inputs and a few more feet of wire to properly feed your amp? That is like buying a lamborghini and running 87 octane through it because it is $.50 cheaper.

But if the amp only comes with single or dual inputs then shouldn't that be enough and that's how it should be tested?

Idk that's my way of thinking about it

Valid point and they will be tested that way as well. I am also going to show the absolute ideal situation and how to get the most power out of your amp. You cant exactly fit 6 power and 6 ground inputs on these bigger amps either. 3/3 is the most that will fit. Just because that is what is on the amp doesnt mean that that is all it needs to supply the amp with the current that it wants.

I am going to order a roll of CCA 1/0 today to prove that point even further.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

I am running tests back to back with very little time for the batteries to recover. That is why the drop down to 13.5 on the uncertified test. Ideally I would let the batteries sit for a few minutes between each test, but with so little time and so many tests to run, I just cant.

I totally get that, but why then was the 7.5's uncertified #'s higher, even though the voltage was lower?

Actually, every amp I've seen tested has gotten more power from un-certified mode.

I'm not really concerned with the voltage as much as I am the output #'s. That wasn't that much voltage drop..

Just don't see how the "un-certified" mode would get weaker. And on this amp only.

Not trying to argue or start shit, just really don't understand those results.

I think that # should be over 6K, if the certified is over 6K. See what I'm getting at?

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

Solo X 15 (v.2) Sub Build