SRP365 obviously has no place in this debate. At least snow has an opinion and facts as to why he believes he does. SRP's is because someone told him so. I find it pretty pathetic that we have differing opinions and we need to "humble" ourselves. The only thing worse than someone working though something and being wrong is a person who accepts what he is told and has no idea why. That is pretty much the definition of fanboyism.

Is tony one of the smartest on this forum? Yes, I'll venture to say so. So when he makes a statement and some of us question and provide our opinions as to why, I'm sure he's a big boy who knows how to debate his points. I've already stated and explained why the term better can be subjective. Different points to consider when you say what is better. And once again...not one person has said CCA is better than OFC. What has been said is you can and will get the same performance for less. So better for my wallet?

Yes :)

• Like (+1 Rep) 4

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Hmm Amp Dyno and DC 5k= CCA vs OFC. This one will be fun. Keep an eye out for a video in the next day or 2, I have a spool of 1/0 CCA coming from Sky High.

if you do this test, use 1 run of OFC, then double or triple inputs for CCA, to see what is better for the cost.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

OFC > CCA.

When you see why you'll slap yourself.

Edit: you guys are really gonna argue with an engineer that just reinvented an amplifier topology to build the T15K? Maybe you should humble yourselves because you sound as bad as the noobs on this site who know everything already.

Not to be an ass, but the opinion pushed is being backed by REAL WORLD TESTING, not on paper. yes as a DIRECT comparison, OFC > CCA, but for current carrying capacity (not resistance), for the cost CCA is better. You can do 3 runs of CCA for the price of 1 Run of OFC. OFC will carry 300 max, CCA will carry close to 600.

So are you willing to lose battery capacity in extra resistance? Cost isn't the only factor influencing the answer here.

actually, i will take a .1 or .2v loss from resistance from CCA and have MORE power getting to my batteries and amplifiers than gain .2v and not have as much juice flowing back :)

i have tried both in my truck... came out that 4 runs of CCA bounced my voltage back faster than 2 runs or OFC or 1 run of 3/0 welding, and maintained better voltage during play....

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

Hmm Amp Dyno and DC 5k= CCA vs OFC. This one will be fun. Keep an eye out for a video in the next day or 2, I have a spool of 1/0 CCA coming from Sky High.

if you do this test, use 1 run of OFC, then double or triple inputs for CCA, to see what is better for the cost.

Already planning on it. I just got the CCA in from Sky High today.

Planned tests are as follows.

DC 3.5k will be used for the testing. This amp has 1 power and 1 ground input. Each run will be 5' long.

Single 1/0 CCA

Dual 1/0 CCA

Single 1/0 OFC

Dual 1/0 OFC

Single 2/0 OFC

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

Really looking forward to this education from tony!

When is it going to be posted up tony?

My old YouTube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/SwordLords1234?feature=mhee

My old build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161872-96-accord-b2-sundown-sky-high-dc-power-re-re-build-for-heatwave/page-37

My New Build - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/207041-2016-mazda-6-sql-build/

2016 Mazda 6 Touring

JL Fix 86 - OEM signal correction

B2 prototype DSP 6to8

B2 Ref63 - 3 way active set

2 B2 Class H quattro's

1 B2 Zero.5R @.5

2 B2 HNv3 12 d2

B2 SLIP40 - Lithium in the trunk

Northstar Group 35 under the hood

100ft 2/0 welding cable

30ft 4ga welding cable

20ft 8ga welding cable

All stinger OFC speaker wire

Soundrive custom RCA's

Tons of attention to detail.... Can it be perfect?

He probably doesn't need to now. TeamHT has proven everyone that CCA is the shit apparently. No need for him to waste his time.

Plus since we don't have any technical info to debate with we don't belong in the debate. So I guess we should all leave now. SMH

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

Tuned in for answers.

Truly appreciative.

thanx.gif.pagespeed.ce.OOsx4JNTYy.gif

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

He probably doesn't need to now. TeamHT has proven everyone that CCA is the shit apparently. No need for him to waste his time.

Plus since we don't have any technical info to debate with we don't belong in the debate. So I guess we should all leave now. SMH

Sand in the vajayjay?

I've proved what has worked for ME. And I've said that pretty often, and if you could get the same performance for less are you saying that that is not awesome? And when did I say have no place in the debate with no technical information? I'm saying to say we should shut up and humble ourselves people someone told us is about the dumbest thing ever said on this forum. I don't care if he's your friend, the truly humble thing to do would be to have an opinion, not a "he said so so I'll agree without researching or knowing ANYTHING about the subject matter".

When did a debate about actual science vs application ever become taboo on this forum? When did we all of a sudden take offense to a difference in opinion? When did there become a rule where we can't test different ways of doing things? That's what you should really shake your head at. And now this IS cluttering the thread with things that doesn't have anything to do with the original post.

Edited by TeamHT
  • Like (+1 Rep) 3

Planned tests are as follows.

DC 3.5k will be used for the testing. This amp has 1 power and 1 ground input. Each run will be 5' long.

Single 1/0 CCA

Dual 1/0 CCA

Single 1/0 OFC

Dual 1/0 OFC

Single 2/0 OFC

This is a great start to get some actual numbers. Sadly I won't rebuild with OFC just to change it to CCA, but maybe I'll be able to do some tests running from dual 370XPs to a bank in the bed and compare differences.

SRP365 obviously has no place in this debate. At least snow has an opinion and facts as to why he believes he does. SRP's is because someone told him so. I find it pretty pathetic that we have differing opinions and we need to "humble" ourselves. The only thing worse than someone working though something and being wrong is a person who accepts what he is told and has no idea why. That is pretty much the definition of fanboyism.

Is tony one of the smartest on this forum? Yes, I'll venture to say so. So when he makes a statement and some of us question and provide our opinions as to why, I'm sure he's a big boy who knows how to debate his points. I've already stated and explained why the term better can be subjective. Different points to consider when you say what is better. And once again...not one person has said CCA is better than OFC. What has been said is you can and will get the same performance for less. So better for my wallet?

Yes :)

You're right. I've never run CCA. So if not failing gives me no place in the discussion, fine. But I'll tell you one thing... You bitch about noobs from time to time, because you presumably know more than them. May be right, however, as soon as something you do gets put on the chopping block (you run CCA) you start pissing and moaning just like the noobs do.

I'm not trying to start a fucking war, I'm just letting you know you should open your mind to the possibility that you're wrong about CCA.

But then again, maybe if cheaper is your goal, CCA is better.

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.