Disappointment, or Nothing to Worry About (Hairpin Pics Inside)

Guest DC Power Kyle

I wouldn't wait a month for an alternator. That tells me the company is either too busy for their staff, too broke to buy parts or too disinterested in customer service to inspect their parts before sending them out.

I'm sure there are other reasons they may have delayed delivery but frankly, I would be suspicious of them.

But it's ok to wait a month for a subwoofer to be machined from Fi? We do the same process as them, how are we "too broke" to buy parts when we have to run CNC machine to make parts out of solid T6061 Aluminum Slugs. It's called high demand and nothing we can do about it. When you fit as many applications as we do and have over a hundred different aluminum frames depending on what vehicle you order for, it's very hard to keep every single frame on the shelf at all times.

No, it's not okay to me to wait a month for anything that simple to manufacture. High quality homes can be site built in 90 days and a ton of home builders are building ten to twenty of them at a time. If demand is that high, it makes economical sense to ramp up staff to meet that demand, lest a certain amount of the market will seek other vendors.

If you're suffering wait times for raw materials then I understand. Or, if you're distilling whiskey and you've had a run on your best product, I understand. I'm sure there are other legitimate reasons I would understand but, telling me other manufacturers are slow or telling me the materials you use aren't two of them.

There are tear down procedures for certain parts that have to be ran which require machining down time between tool and part changes. We have production schedules that coincide with this as well. It's not smart to run a single part for 35 minutes or longer for the machine being down as we fix all the work offsets and make sure everything is correct. Machines are meant to run as many parts as possible before tearing down. It's better for the CNC machines (specifically our lathe) to be torn down less for better efficiency. We have been working on finding a reliable vendor to do our lathe small parts to help the lathe from being so overloaded with work. Building alternators isn't as simple as everyone thinks and this is exactly why we are the only alternator manufacturer that does what we do on a mass scale.

Machining is not equal to building a house. I can't just go to Home Depot and pick up our billet frame to fit a Hyundai.

I wouldn't wait a month for an alternator. That tells me the company is either too busy for their staff, too broke to buy parts or too disinterested in customer service to inspect their parts before sending them out.

I'm sure there are other reasons they may have delayed delivery but frankly, I would be suspicious of them.

But it's ok to wait a month for a subwoofer to be machined from Fi? We do the same process as them, how are we "too broke" to buy parts when we have to run CNC machine to make parts out of solid T6061 Aluminum Slugs. It's called high demand and nothing we can do about it. When you fit as many applications as we do and have over a hundred different aluminum frames depending on what vehicle you order for, it's very hard to keep every single frame on the shelf at all times.

No, it's not okay to me to wait a month for anything that simple to manufacture. High quality homes can be site built in 90 days and a ton of home builders are building ten to twenty of them at a time. If demand is that high, it makes economical sense to ramp up staff to meet that demand, lest a certain amount of the market will seek other vendors.

If you're suffering wait times for raw materials then I understand. Or, if you're distilling whiskey and you've had a run on your best product, I understand. I'm sure there are other legitimate reasons I would understand but, telling me other manufacturers are slow or telling me the materials you use aren't two of them.

Dayum, id hate to be late if i was the pizza guy dropping off your feed

PSN: Rcp_soundz

Good rule of thump is go by what fuse size is being used in these amps. The higher the more amperage it pulls, this is what I look at.

I'll stick a 300 amp fuse in a potato and sell it to you for $2k.

1991 Mazda 323VERY small build thread here: http://www.stevemead...23-small-build/

If it makes anyone feel better I have a $1200 390xp with blemishes on the rear of the case that is diecasted and then machiined, unlike the front half of the cases that are machined from billet aluminum defect free.

But I guess it never bothered me since I know how its made and the issues that go with it.

As for compairing houses to alternators.....

Yea those house being made in 90days are all prefab homes usually made at a factory on an assembly line wall by wall then brought onsite and assembled. Every house is the same, and they sell dirt cheap.. Hell even the house built next to the other is the same... A lot of the contractors involved in the finishing of the home do half ass drywalling, use cheap as you can get materials, such as cabinets, carpets, water and electrical fixtures are poor quality, often times things get covered up before an inspector can say its good or bad and redo it, or their on the take. Not to mention the crew size of 100s of guys building these homes, vs compared to 8 or 9 guys building alternators

Some people will always find something to complain about... I would rather wait for something I KNOW will be good then get something made quick and HOPE it is good...

2010 Chevy  HHR Panel (Work in progress)

Pioneer AVHX-5800BHS

McLaren MLM880's and MLT2's 2ea per door on a DC 175.4

Two DC Audio M4 Level 5 15's On A DC5K

Alt CES 200/270+

4ea Banks of Maxwell 2.7v 3000f caps for a total of 2000f

1ea XS 3100 and 2ea NSB FT170 Batts for 450+ah 

Not a HUGE build but here it is... DC Audio HHR Build

TDH-skater229.jpg
SkaterLogo.jpg

I have had 2 270xp alts and now 3 370xp's and all 5 came with exactly what your referring too. I never questioned it because I was already aware of the reason why ahead of time. For someone that doesn't know its okay to ask. Its better to know than to not know and not want to order from them again. By far the best alternators on the market and I have excellent customer service.Kyle has taken care of me on anything that has come up.

Vehicle
2007 Chevrolet Avalanche(Co-Co)

DNX9980HD
6 Team Fi 15's(King Edition)
3 DC 9k's
8 Nendo PWX 8's
4 Custom Steg 4" Super Tweeters
1 DC Audio 175.4
1 DC Audio 90.4
Rockford 360.3
3 DC Power 370xp Alts(Externally regulated)
21 D1600's
2 D4800's
All SMD RCA's
AudioTechnix Deadner
Viper Alarm

My YouTube- http://www.youtube.c...NG?feature=mhee
Link to buildlog- http://www.stevemead...4-15s-2-dc-9ks/
Link to UBL- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/165059-ublkings-avalanchecoco-new-build-starting8-king-edition-15-team-fis-in-a-wallyes-a-wall/

96576a0.jpg

Banner3_zpsa237d00a.jpg

Some people will always find something to complain about... I would rather wait for something I KNOW will be good then get something made quick and HOPE it is good...

I wasn't complaining I was just trying to find out if that was the norm for this type of product or if what I got was some sort of rare defect or something,

I wasn't complaining I was just trying to find out if that was the norm for this type of product or if what I got was some sort of rare defect or something,

Wasn't aimed at you bro... You asked a question, got an answer and was good with it...

2010 Chevy  HHR Panel (Work in progress)

Pioneer AVHX-5800BHS

McLaren MLM880's and MLT2's 2ea per door on a DC 175.4

Two DC Audio M4 Level 5 15's On A DC5K

Alt CES 200/270+

4ea Banks of Maxwell 2.7v 3000f caps for a total of 2000f

1ea XS 3100 and 2ea NSB FT170 Batts for 450+ah 

Not a HUGE build but here it is... DC Audio HHR Build

TDH-skater229.jpg
SkaterLogo.jpg

Kyle if you need extra hand, you know who to call ;) apparently i won't have benefits now at HD, so looks like I'm open for something there lol, being serious btw

formerly known as Blue86f150

its a 4th order just because its tuned in the 40z doesnt mean it wont reach down and jiggle your balls at sub 30 hz frequencies.

Regardless if they were dipped platinum and were stuffed in Beyonce's twat.....way too fucking exspensive

this sux camel dicks

There are tear down procedures for certain parts that have to be ran which require machining down time between tool and part changes. We have production schedules that coincide with this as well. It's not smart to run a single part for 35 minutes or longer for the machine being down as we fix all the work offsets and make sure everything is correct. Machines are meant to run as many parts as possible before tearing down. It's better for the CNC machines (specifically our lathe) to be torn down less for better efficiency. We have been working on finding a reliable vendor to do our lathe small parts to help the lathe from being so overloaded with work. Building alternators isn't as simple as everyone thinks and this is exactly why we are the only alternator manufacturer that does what we do on a mass scale.

Machining is not equal to building a house. I can't just go to Home Depot and pick up our billet frame to fit a Hyundai.

So you don't have enough machinery to fill the orders you have and you're looking for additional machines and/or subcontractors to lighten the work load. That's understandable, but again, not unavoidable.

And I understand that machining alternator cases and home building aren't equal. There are many more fabrication processes of different raw materials and commingling of different trades in home building.

Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc

Instagram: audioanarchyllc

Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe

aaresizehorizontal_zps47821bb2.jpg

So you don't have enough machinery to fill the orders you have and you're looking for additional machines and/or subcontractors to lighten the work load. That's understandable, but again, not unavoidable.

And I understand that machining alternator cases and home building aren't equal. There are many more fabrication processes of different raw materials and commingling of different trades in home building.

You do know DC does alternators for commercial and government fleet vehicles correct? The outsourced for us audio guys is one the side. So yeah I'd wait while their main purpose and objective gets fulfilled.

Archived