stevog Posted October 23, 2013 Report Posted October 23, 2013 would something like this help? http://www.ebay.com/itm/TC-SOUNDS-TI-BASKET-SPIDER-SPACER-ADAPTER-FRAME-SUBWOOFER-RECONE-/130913039525
SnowDrifter Posted October 23, 2013 Report Posted October 23, 2013 What if, instead of spacing out the basket you spaces out the dust cap. Got a big one to go over the cone(sit higher up)and give you the clearance necessary between the pole piece and bottom of the dustcap ~~~~~~~~SAY NO TO PHOTOBUCKET~~~~~~~~ Snow's DD-1 tracks here: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167433-snows-dd-1-tracks/ My take on OFC vs CCA: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/110381-things-that-piss-you-off-in-the-car-audio-world/?do=findComment&comment=2461444
audiofanaticz Posted October 24, 2013 Author Report Posted October 24, 2013 Did they say why they wouldn't or couldn't make you a recone? Edit: Reason I ask is because Im pretty sure B-Eazy just got a recone for his SMD from them a few weeks ago Yeah bro I'm sure real can find out being that he's local. I don't know if I remember correctly but I remember that Fi/AA has to re-cone these I'm more then qualified to build my own recones, let alone do drop ins. Nothing to hard about it.. As for not being able to get recones, its a long story.. I will leave it at that... lol
audiofanaticz Posted October 24, 2013 Author Report Posted October 24, 2013 would something like this help? http://www.ebay.com/itm/TC-SOUNDS-TI-BASKET-SPIDER-SPACER-ADAPTER-FRAME-SUBWOOFER-RECONE-/130913039525 Thats the guy I get some of my spiders and baskets from, I deal with him direct tho, not through ebay. But a great seller! That spacer would work however it takes about 1 inch of clearance away from the spider landing to the surround landing, so said cones would no longer fit the sub which makes it look beastly. I was just curious how it works, I think I have a couple solution's to the problem if Id make it a 12, but first would be finding or getting a few coils made to fit if it would be made into a 12.
KMS Posted October 24, 2013 Report Posted October 24, 2013 Holy sweet Jesus mother of god! Look at that! Would you just look at it? Alpine PDX-V9 Morel Tempo 6 Alpine SBR-S8-4 Alpine CDE 149BT
audiofanaticz Posted October 24, 2013 Author Report Posted October 24, 2013 Wish I had a black basket, I think it would look cooler lol
Real96SS Posted October 24, 2013 Report Posted October 24, 2013 Did they say why they wouldn't or couldn't make you a recone? Edit: Reason I ask is because Im pretty sure B-Eazy just got a recone for his SMD from them a few weeks ago Yeah bro I'm sure real can find out being that he's local. I don't know if I remember correctly but I remember that Fi/AA has to re-cone these I'm more then qualified to build my own recones, let alone do drop ins. Nothing to hard about it.. As for not being able to get recones, its a long story.. I will leave it at that... lol I actually read the long story already LoL. It showed up in my email and I read it before coming here to reply. Well I have a trip to make there tomorrow and if you want I can see what I can do for you. On another note I would really like to see you build this sub though. Im sure with that motor and that surround it would be straight nasty!!! Vehicle 2007 Chevrolet Avalanche(Co-Co) DNX9980HD 6 Team Fi 15's(King Edition) 3 DC 9k's 8 Nendo PWX 8's 4 Custom Steg 4" Super Tweeters 1 DC Audio 175.4 1 DC Audio 90.4 Rockford 360.3 3 DC Power 370xp Alts(Externally regulated) 21 D1600's 2 D4800's All SMD RCA's AudioTechnix Deadner Viper Alarm My YouTube- http://www.youtube.c...NG?feature=mhee Link to buildlog- http://www.stevemead...4-15s-2-dc-9ks/ Link to UBL- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/165059-ublkings-avalanchecoco-new-build-starting8-king-edition-15-team-fis-in-a-wallyes-a-wall/
OrzechNJ Posted October 24, 2013 Report Posted October 24, 2013 sexy! want to see it in action sometimes Loud is NOT pretty Sounds like its safe to go ahead and bend that ass over.
bkolfo4 Posted October 24, 2013 Report Posted October 24, 2013 Did they say why they wouldn't or couldn't make you a recone? Edit: Reason I ask is because Im pretty sure B-Eazy just got a recone for his SMD from them a few weeks ago He got them through me. They should be delivered tomorrow. . . Current system: 1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s Previous systems: 2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz. 1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.
Purplehaze Posted October 24, 2013 Report Posted October 24, 2013 would something like this help? http://www.ebay.com/itm/TC-SOUNDS-TI-BASKET-SPIDER-SPACER-ADAPTER-FRAME-SUBWOOFER-RECONE-/130913039525 Thats the guy I get some of my spiders and baskets from, I deal with him direct tho, not through ebay. But a great seller! That spacer would work however it takes about 1 inch of clearance away from the spider landing to the surround landing, so said cones would no longer fit the sub which makes it look beastly. I was just curious how it works, I think I have a couple solution's to the problem if Id make it a 12, but first would be finding or getting a few coils made to fit if it would be made into a 12. What about cutting the spacer down to fit? Wish I had a black basket, I think it would look cooler lol Paint? Or spray on bed liner. You can have one very easily! Kickin' Cruiser Seller Feedback Stage 3 Dash, Door Panels,4th Order wall 4 - 15'son a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K'sSolo X 15 (v.2) Sub Build
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.