Second Skin Audio

Sundown TC-SMD, 12 inch???

audiofanaticz

What if, instead of spacing out the basket you spaces out the dust cap. Got a big one to go over the cone(sit higher up)and give you the clearance necessary between the pole piece and bottom of the dustcap

Did they say why they wouldn't or couldn't make you a recone?

Edit: Reason I ask is because Im pretty sure B-Eazy just got a recone for his SMD from them a few weeks ago

Yeah bro I'm sure real can find out being that he's local. I don't know if I remember correctly but I remember that Fi/AA has to re-cone these

I'm more then qualified to build my own recones, let alone do drop ins. Nothing to hard about it..

As for not being able to get recones, its a long story.. I will leave it at that... lol

Thats the guy I get some of my spiders and baskets from, I deal with him direct tho, not through ebay. But a great seller!

That spacer would work however it takes about 1 inch of clearance away from the spider landing to the surround landing, so said cones would no longer fit the sub which makes it look beastly.

I was just curious how it works, I think I have a couple solution's to the problem if Id make it a 12, but first would be finding or getting a few coils made to fit if it would be made into a 12.

Edit: Reason I ask is because Im pretty sure B-Eazy just got a recone for his SMD from them a few weeks ago

Yeah bro I'm sure real can find out being that he's local. I don't know if I remember correctly but I remember that Fi/AA has to re-cone these

I'm more then qualified to build my own recones, let alone do drop ins. Nothing to hard about it..

As for not being able to get recones, its a long story.. I will leave it at that... lol

I actually read the long story already LoL. It showed up in my email and I read it before coming here to reply. Well I have a trip to make there tomorrow and if you want I can see what I can do for you. On another note I would really like to see you build this sub though. Im sure with that motor and that surround it would be straight nasty!!!

Vehicle
2007 Chevrolet Avalanche(Co-Co)

DNX9980HD
6 Team Fi 15's(King Edition)
3 DC 9k's
8 Nendo PWX 8's
4 Custom Steg 4" Super Tweeters
1 DC Audio 175.4
1 DC Audio 90.4
Rockford 360.3
3 DC Power 370xp Alts(Externally regulated)
21 D1600's
2 D4800's
All SMD RCA's
AudioTechnix Deadner
Viper Alarm

My YouTube- http://www.youtube.c...NG?feature=mhee
Link to buildlog- http://www.stevemead...4-15s-2-dc-9ks/
Link to UBL- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/165059-ublkings-avalanchecoco-new-build-starting8-king-edition-15-team-fis-in-a-wallyes-a-wall/

96576a0.jpg

Banner3_zpsa237d00a.jpg

He got them through me. They should be delivered tomorrow. . .

Current system:

1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s

Previous systems:

2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz.

1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.

Thats the guy I get some of my spiders and baskets from, I deal with him direct tho, not through ebay. But a great seller!

That spacer would work however it takes about 1 inch of clearance away from the spider landing to the surround landing, so said cones would no longer fit the sub which makes it look beastly.

I was just curious how it works, I think I have a couple solution's to the problem if Id make it a 12, but first would be finding or getting a few coils made to fit if it would be made into a 12.

What about cutting the spacer down to fit?

Wish I had a black basket, I think it would look cooler lol

Paint? Or spray on bed liner. You can have one very easily!

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

Solo X 15 (v.2) Sub Build

Archived