Mickey Thompson S/T or BFGoodrich T/A Radials?

I've narrowed it down between 2 brans of radials I'm most interested in and was wondering if anyone on here has experience with either tire and whether you would go with Mickey Thompson S/T or BFGoodrich T/A radials? Assuming same size and conditions they drive in. I see the MT S/T tires are new-ish to the field, so there's not a lot of history on them but for the most part the consensus was that they hook better than the BFG but have less traction in the rain? I also saw people say the MT S/T radials would NOT last as long in the tread aspect, but that was mostly for the drag radials compared to the BFG drags, not sure if it applies to the S/T's.

Most people said that the differences between the 2 radials on a daily driver in normal road conditions (and even in the rain) would be nearly indifferent, and it was really down to looks?

So if they're priced about the same, and will be driven in the same conditions would you have any suggestions?

I'm mostly wanting whichever will last longer on tread.

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

Fucking love Alan you goddamned fucking super nerd lol

When Alan uses big words I don't understand

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

RIP 5/29/15 - I love you son.

Mickey Thompson are not new to the field they have been around forever. They are more of an older rod tire for looks. There are a softer tire you will be replacing them sooner then the BF/Goodrich, go with the BF/Goodrich TA you will love the ride and traction they offer.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/

th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12
Skyhigh Wire
Mechman 320
XS Power D3100

MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/

I had some 275/60/15's bfg's on my camaro back in high school and I loved them

265/70/15's on my Silverado. Damn good tires for $180 a pop. Badass traction in rain too, made me a super confident driver regardless of conditions.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

Mickey Thompson are not new to the field they have been around forever. They are more of an older rod tire for looks. There are a softer tire you will be replacing them sooner then the BF/Goodrich, go with the BF/Goodrich TA you will love the ride and traction they offer.

I didn't say mickey thompson was new, I said the redesigned S/T tires are on the new-ish side, not that they company literally just popped up. I know who mickey thompson is lol.

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

Dang ... I like both

Sorry, both make great tires ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Dang ... I like both

Sorry, both make great tires ...

Yeah I really love the look of both but from what the few people said here and online it seems the S/T does have less range for a daily driver and that's sort of what I'm more concerned with.

I missed Alan.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

bfg loved them on my cousin's camaro that old beast would set you in your seat and the hook up was very good but we are probably talking different horsepower so i am not sure how they would do with a couple extra hundred

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

Archived