samsung galaxy s4 caught fire while sleeping

First of all i just want to say thanks for putting me in a good mood as watched the 2nd video just now. I am an S4 owner and I have not had any issues with mine, and as someone else mentioned in this thread already I bet it was lint in the charging receptacle and it caused an arc across the pins. The same could happen with any phone. As soon as I seen your 1st video, i immediately took the canned air and blew out every opening on my phone. But I will keep using this phone until it dies and then move on to the next one....if I were you don't sign any of that paperwork until you have a lawyer look it over first.

Only way I would ever see pocket lint arcing is if there were metal shavings somehow in the lint, fabric fibers from cotton/polyester/acrylic are not conductive. If it were just lint people would be having phones catching on fire every single day all over the world.

Plus, phone chargers are not that powerful, you're usually looking at 5V at less than one amp MAX.

I must be thee exception, dropped my iPhone 5 on concrete a few times, has a dent by the power button but that's it... I have had it for over a yr... No issues.... No slowing down... Infact... It's still one of the fastest phones ever!!

I will never go back to a faildriod...

Congrsts in advance for your first viral vid

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Congrsts in advance for your first viral vid

its my second actually and omg im going f***ing bonkers rate now my gmail is full i have had a video go viral but not like this!!!

iPhones suck and are boring IMO. Only Apple product I've ever bought is IPods.

The 4.3 update has been rolling out for S3/S4 the past week or two. I was checking past couple of days through my phone and it was saying up to date til today and its 623mb so its slow as fuck to DL. I"m kinda glad though it didnt' update yet b/c on S3 is has big issues, hopefully will be patched in the next few days they speculate. S4 I believe already got the patch.

True every phone has its issues, my Motorola SLVR back in the day was the shit. I owned that from like 2006 til 2009 I think. One of the most reliable phones I've ever had. Only thing was Itunes stopped working on it after like 2 years which wasn't a big deal

I would hold off on that update if I were you. I just bought an S4 last week, so I don't know what's really good or bad on battery life.... but it seemed like mine started draining more quickly after updating. When surfing the web, I drop a percent every 2-3 minutes. I've seen several people complaining about reduced battery life.... like we really need more drain on these things, eh?

Yeah I did the update the other day. I forget what percentage my phone battery was at but I'm sure it was a good amount, woke up and my phone was dead. WiFi was on sleep, had only received one phone call. Battery menu indicates it lasted only 11hrs on battery. Half of normal pretty much. I believe the bug fix should be out this week. One thing the update did was prevented me from installing/updating apps, Googled and found I had to remove my G account then put it back on, which did work

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

They do get fucking HOT!!! When you charge them lol Especially when being overcharged too.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm