evermaxx Posted January 5, 2014 Report Posted January 5, 2014 How much do you charge for a boxes? Like a general price sheet, and what add ons do you do and how much for it? (Resin, carpet, ect) Team Subsonic Lows Get your garbage EMF products of my amp bitch Man....it makes a nice work bench
zayres29 Posted January 5, 2014 Report Posted January 5, 2014 materials plus a "fair" labor charge id say i have a box that i built to 2 8s that fits my car that if i sold id probably sell it for $100 Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged
KillaCam Posted January 5, 2014 Report Posted January 5, 2014 Depends on your skill level and the person you're doing it for. For a friend I would just give them a print out of the required materials and have them cover that. And the fact more than one person agrees does not make it a circle jerk, it makes it a bukkake scene and you're in the middle Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth.. B5 Passat Build Log
kingsuv Posted January 5, 2014 Report Posted January 5, 2014 My box prices vary quite a bit. Good, Fast, Cheap. Pick 2 Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out. not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it.
tacomaguy1 Posted January 5, 2014 Report Posted January 5, 2014 One of the reasons I don't like building for people, never know what to charge For friends I'll just charge for materials Team Flex Issues
ToNasty Posted January 5, 2014 Report Posted January 5, 2014 Building a box isn't hard. The design is what's hard but there is plenty on designers who if you give your info to they will send you a design with detailed plans. This is what I do ***Super Sellers List***http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/25829-super-sellers-buyers
mmets Posted January 5, 2014 Report Posted January 5, 2014 I have only done a few for guys I know and had them buy the material and help out. I would have them get me a pack of smokes or a case of mountain dew but I don't do either now. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/177477-slowboring-07-trailblazer-build/Pioneer DEH-80PRSPRV 8MR400-NDY (eight) PRV TW350Ti (6)Sky High 1/0 OFC, 12 gauge and 8 gaugeTM Metalworkz battery terminals 120 sqft HushmatXS Power D3100 (6)Singer 350 Amp Alt Singer 320 (2)American Bass SQL3200 JL Audio JX360/4 Crossfire XS 8K (2) DC Audio XL 15s (6)
kingsuv Posted January 5, 2014 Report Posted January 5, 2014 Look at it this way. You can easily account for materials. It doesn't take much to add up wood, glue, carpet, etc, etc, etc, prices. If you don't build boxes often then do not try to charge by the hour. It's not fair to the customer to pay for you to figure out what you are doing along the way If you think you day is worth 20 bucks, then charge that. If you think your day is worth 100 bucks, then charge that. The part where you can ask for more money is when you know your designs work. when i know I can exceed the customers expectations I charge more for my knowledge, if I haven't tried something before, I offer up a deal and figure it out along the way. Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out. not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it.
RooTxBeeR Posted January 5, 2014 Report Posted January 5, 2014 Kingsuv can build some damn boxes though and has some skill. I am a ametuer and like most said, I just make my friends buy the materials for parts. Most of the time I have lots of extra screws and wood glue so that just goes to getting more down the road. But other than that, I'd just tell them get me a 12 pack or something. I have them help out too because there are some parts where you could really use an extra hand, regardless of that persons knowledge or knowhow. On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said: Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol. On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said: fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said: I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha Soon To Be '04 Ford Escape US Alternator 280A Hairpin D4800 Under the Hood (6) XP3000's in Rear 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply Pioneer DEH-80PRS DD AW6.5 (2) per door *Tweeter Unkown* DD SS4a & C3d (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm (2) 15" Sundown Zv5
pa-pa-platypus Posted January 5, 2014 Report Posted January 5, 2014 unless it is a really close friend i charge 20 bucks plus cost of material.. the 20 bux goes to replacing the saw blades when they need it, buying new router bits, keeping stocked up on sandpaper, having to get new pencils cause every box eats at least one lol stuff like that This isn't teeball. YOU DO NOT GET A TROPHY JUST BECAUSE YOU SHOW UP. Put the work in and then maybe get the respect when it has been earned 151.6 with single 12 at 41 hz 153.2 with 2 12's at 43 hz power: dd m4
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.