Jump to content

virus protection


Recommended Posts

Posted

Kaspersky trial verson.

Avast

I would get Kaspersky full version and pay for it cause if your wanting good protection it doesn't come free.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Posted

Kapersky gets its bullshit little hands into everything on the computer. I actually consider it a virus itself, because its almost impossible to ever remove.

AVG is alright

I use Symantec Endpoint Protection.

Posted

Anything symantec I refuse to use. I've heard way to many stories of them being paid out to not have virus' detected. I've used a combination of kaspersky and malwarbytes and have never had any type of infection.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

  • Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5
Posted

ever since norton down sized their program so it doesnt choke your machine, i have been using norton 360 premier edition. no issues and it does its job.

anything free wont give you the best protection. mcafee may be free, but havent used that in a while.

Buyer/Seller Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemead...5015-bump4life/
MB C220 153 Trunk Car Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d/#entry1840136
MB C280 Ipad Dash SQ Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/194484-bump4lifes-new-benz-tony-c-relay-kit-pictures-ce-electric-audison-front-stage-installed/
My SPL Log: http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

BMW M340 xDrive

Stock, for now. Corner Load 10" maybe soon. But does 10s in the 1/4...
Best Scores out of a trunk
153.0 sealed legal full tilt clamped 5524 @ 42 hz
154+ windows down, 155+ kick

Posted

Malwarebytes is free and it's one of the best in malware protection.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

  • Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5
Posted

I never had good results with free virus protection. I'm using Bitdefender now and I love it....you can usually get a deal on it online, and it stays out of the way most of the time.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

Posted

Anything symantec I refuse to use. I've heard way to many stories of them being paid out to not have virus' detected. I've used a combination of kaspersky and malwarbytes and have never had any type of infection.

You realize you are talking abotu the most widely used antivirus solution in the world right? I work with it daily in an enterprise level environment. It reports more false positives than anything. The one I don't like is kaspersky. Funny how they are always the one reporting they've found new things right? Ever think why? If SEP was being paid to not detect viruses there would be a huge blow out and just about every country in the fortune 500 would be suing. Virus solutions are signature based. They only detect what they know about. That is the shortfall of any AV solution that is not heuristic. You really want to be secure? Run an AV solution and an application white listing solution among an IDS and IPS with a client firewall. And don't browse sketchy shit.

I don't do free AV. I've used Eset nod32 with good results. Symantec at work and I'm using Mcafees home solution now. They all do ok as long as you aren't an idiot.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5126 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...