Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Lower tuning?


Beanz

Recommended Posts

Posted

So I just built a box and it's not hitting the lows lime I want to. I made it to where it's a center port and I was wondering if I can add pieces of wood at the end and just clamp them down with clamps to temporarily hold them down and see if they do anything. Would it be possible or am I just crazy?

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

Posted

If you do that your internal airspace is going to plummet. Leaving your box on the small side

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Posted

i've seen external ports in order to extend the port/lower tuning. L brackets and such.

Posted

i would just rebuild the box rather then try to "make it work"

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k

Posted

I would try adding an external extension to the port first to see if that helps. If so then completely rebuild the box to proper specs

Edit: What are the box specs and woofers used?

TDH FTW !!!

Posted

So I just built a box and it's not hitting the lows lime I want to. I made it to where it's a center port and I was wondering if I can add pieces of wood at the end and just clamp them down with clamps to temporarily hold them down and see if they do anything. Would it be possible or am I just crazy?

It would be best to say what subs and post the design.

Posted

could extend the port externally for a lower tuning.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Posted

Extending the port and leaving the same net ft3 will increase port area per foot and a few other factors. Yes it may play lower but at the same time you might have a peakier box. What you could do is maybe shorten the port on the inside and extend it from the outiside.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 1761 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...