Kyblack76 Posted January 20, 2014 Report Posted January 20, 2014 Already seen one member trash his. But maybe that was him. Guess time will tell. Normally a 4" coil, NEEDS a 10" spider. Either way. Meh, guess well see. I'm hopin for the best. Hell the cost, even. Well see I suppose. SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
Bump4life Posted January 20, 2014 Author Report Posted January 20, 2014 Already seen one member trash his. But maybe that was him. Guess time will tell. Normally a 4" coil, NEEDS a 10" spider. Either way. Meh, guess well see. I'm hopin for the best. Hell the cost, even. Well see I suppose. yea Peyton (the guy who trashed his) also already blew a pair of Zv4s and 9512s a day later and blew them in the same day. his amps got messed up somehow and messed up all his subs. lol. i think they were sending dc to the subs. or something. either way. that has been the only case of bad results i have heard. most people are gaining. but i like how this thread went from those coils to 4 inch coils. guess we must run some power. Buyer/Seller Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemead...5015-bump4life/ MB C220 153 Trunk Car Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d/#entry1840136 MB C280 Ipad Dash SQ Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/194484-bump4lifes-new-benz-tony-c-relay-kit-pictures-ce-electric-audison-front-stage-installed/ My SPL Log: http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1 BMW M340 xDrive Stock, for now. Corner Load 10" maybe soon. But does 10s in the 1/4... Best Scores out of a trunk 153.0 sealed legal full tilt clamped 5524 @ 42 hz 154+ windows down, 155+ kick
n8ball2013 Posted January 20, 2014 Report Posted January 20, 2014 Already seen one member trash his. But maybe that was him. Guess time will tell. Normally a 4" coil, NEEDS a 10" spider. Either way. Meh, guess well see. I'm hopin for the best. Hell the cost, even. Well see I suppose. I can't hold one instance against them considering what that build went there is more than meets the eye there and I have to say I'm not really a fan of those amps to begin with THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
audiofanaticz Posted January 20, 2014 Report Posted January 20, 2014 In fairness the aq coil is a copper coil, and they charge an additional $20 for the aluminum coil which is shown on the dd. Actually I have a Pair of old HDC3s in my garrage right now with aluminum coils that needs a recone on one of them, and the guy brought the recone which has a copper coil.. Also, I remember my copper coils on my old DD 9500s being a very short windheight, and if my unlimited bandwidth on my pro photobucket account worked, I could show that.
audiofanaticz Posted January 20, 2014 Report Posted January 20, 2014 winning, pics are on my old photobucket account Old 9500 copper coil before going to my composite cones iirc And once with my composite cones on the lower yellow guy (the beast)
Kyblack76 Posted January 20, 2014 Report Posted January 20, 2014 To me, a spider, that is hardly double the size of the coil,.... The coil isnt the weak spot. It will be the throw and or T-joint. If the spider only being whatever in diameter, then it will only throw so far...... Your better off with a 3.5" coil imho if your spider wont allow work. To me, your able to add power (to the coil) and get fucked on the work (throw). Maybe im high.... meh.... SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
Swordlordboy1234 Posted January 20, 2014 Report Posted January 20, 2014 Waits for bump 4 life to come back….. Im still a newb on this subject but bump told me that my replacement to my xfl coil is another copper coil because the aluminum one might be too tall. My old YouTube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/SwordLords1234?feature=mhee My old build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161872-96-accord-b2-sundown-sky-high-dc-power-re-re-build-for-heatwave/page-37 My New Build - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/207041-2016-mazda-6-sql-build/ 2016 Mazda 6 Touring JL Fix 86 - OEM signal correction B2 prototype DSP 6to8 B2 Ref63 - 3 way active set 2 B2 Class H quattro's 1 B2 Zero.5R @.5 2 B2 HNv3 12 d2 B2 SLIP40 - Lithium in the trunk Northstar Group 35 under the hood 100ft 2/0 welding cable 30ft 4ga welding cable 20ft 8ga welding cable All stinger OFC speaker wire Soundrive custom RCA's Tons of attention to detail.... Can it be perfect?
audiofanaticz Posted January 20, 2014 Report Posted January 20, 2014 Waits for bump 4 life to come back….. Im still a newb on this subject but bump told me that my replacement to my xfl coil is another copper coil because the aluminum one might be too tall. Then you can space the basket to get the a taller coil in there, and you can always cut down former length if its still to tall to fit under the dustcap.
bighossf150 Posted January 20, 2014 Report Posted January 20, 2014 dd95 coil on top xfl coil (and soft parts) on bottom I'm pretty sure you can see where corners are cut in the soft parts. Those little coils must have cried when i was tossing 4k to a pair. Mine didn't lol, I still dunno how you popped that sub when I beat the piss out of mine that whole day Used to have a loud truck 2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq 2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s
Bump4life Posted January 20, 2014 Author Report Posted January 20, 2014 In fairness the aq coil is a copper coil, and they charge an additional $20 for the aluminum coil which is shown on the dd. Actually I have a Pair of old HDC3s in my garrage right now with aluminum coils that needs a recone on one of them, and the guy brought the recone which has a copper coil.. Also, I remember my copper coils on my old DD 9500s being a very short windheight, and if my unlimited bandwidth on my pro photobucket account worked, I could show that. the coils shown are both copper. the bigger one is a D2 DD 3500 copper coil. the smaller one is an American Bass XFL coil D2. DD has changed a ton up over the last few years multiple times and prolly will change more in the future. idk how long it has been since you messed with DD, i know you arent the biggest fan of them but things change. i dont have a picture of the DD aluminium because I have never blown them or broken teh triple joint with one since the new spiders. Waits for bump 4 life to come back….. Im still a newb on this subject but bump told me that my replacement to my xfl coil is another copper coil because the aluminum one might be too tall. the aluminium would have fit in your motor. you wanted lows and i like the sound of copper better for the lows. also you got copper to keeps costs down and because you didnt need it since the copper coil will take the power you have and more without issue. dd95 coil on top xfl coil (and soft parts) on bottom I'm pretty sure you can see where corners are cut in the soft parts. Those little coils must have cried when i was tossing 4k to a pair. Mine didn't lol, I still dunno how you popped that sub when I beat the piss out of mine that whole day you maybe arent getting as much power as you think then? Buyer/Seller Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemead...5015-bump4life/ MB C220 153 Trunk Car Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d/#entry1840136 MB C280 Ipad Dash SQ Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/194484-bump4lifes-new-benz-tony-c-relay-kit-pictures-ce-electric-audison-front-stage-installed/ My SPL Log: http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1 BMW M340 xDrive Stock, for now. Corner Load 10" maybe soon. But does 10s in the 1/4... Best Scores out of a trunk 153.0 sealed legal full tilt clamped 5524 @ 42 hz 154+ windows down, 155+ kick
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.