The dumbest thing you've ever done while working on your vehicle?

Touching the rachet handle to the negative buss bar while tightening the positive one fucking sucked with 4 6500's. Sounded like a gunshot and took a chunk out of each bar, not to mention I about shit myself LOL.

I always electrical tape the handles on mine when playing with batteries. ;)

yep have many wrenchs that way.

bigpimpin91 here borrowed my snapon ratchet at a show, came back with a weird look on his face, then handed me the ratchet. put a nice sized melted spot in it lol

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

Was doing my sister oil change on her car. Drained the Transmission fluid and put oil in the engine oil. So she had no transmission fluid and x2 needed engine oil.

I had no clue that it was tranny fluid because it was yellow. (wtf) Only thing that was strange was that it had a strange smell and when I pulled the oil filter it was brown. I knew something didn't add up at that point. went to pull her car out of garage and it didn't go anywhere. haha that was a long next morning fixing my mess up before I went to class.

It was a CVT transmission, in case anyone was wondering.

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

I was making a ghetto motor support across my motor to hold it up while i changes my lower cross member and drilled right through my damn hand (drill bit came out other side). ended up it emergency room for a tetanus shot. Luckily i missed the verve.

Brutal

Build's consist of:

2004 Chevy Impala :

Pioneer--------------------- DEH-X8600bs Soundqubed/AQ------ Q4-120

Rockford Fosgate---- Punch-500.4

Soundqubed/AQ----- Q1-3500D.1 Alpine----------------- 6.5's & 6x9's

Subs: TBA All Knukonceptz and SHCA wire and rca's

Home Music Setup

(4) Soundqubed HDS200 15's in two separate 15.5 cubic foot enclosures tuned to 31 hrz --- XM radio hardwire

Updates coming all the time on both builds

n8ball2013

"bullshit. Everything fits. If you cut enough."

I was scoping one of my amps and when I moved the scope, the lead wire got tangled and came unplugged from the scope. No problem, I'll just plug it back in. While it still had signal going through it. That shorted the speaker outs and it shot back up the RCA's and popped my twelve fucking hundred dollar Pioneer p99rs. Genius.

Not me... but we had a guy having trouble with his subs after finals. He was bad mouthing Tantric up one side and down the other about slinky'd coils and how they're all jacked up on less than rated power and they sound like shit and blah blah blah. It was a big ordeal. He finally took them out of the box to investigate further. Turns out that he bought a poster at finals and put it on top of the box. It got sucked into the port and shredded. Each sub had a healthy serving of shredded poster in their gaps.

First time I got an HO alt... After I got it all installed and shit, the external regulator was getting hot as shit and wasn't controlling the voltage. I couldn't figure it out. I went over everything 100 times. I don't get it. It's not working, goddamnit! Yeah... it was an internally regulated alt.

When I put my new HU in the CRX a couple months before finals, I removed the faceplate for installation. Got it in and proceeded to get everything else in the car and wired up. Satisfied with all of my outstanding effort, i went to put the face back on and have a listen. I put the stupid HU in upside down. Fuck it. I left it like that. Lol.

Assuming Pioneer isn't retarded, I just took for granted that the "front" outputs were for tweeters. They're not. And FYI... Dynaudio MD102's can't play 63hz. Bye bye retarded expensive tweeters. Why you no midbass?

While installing a false floor in my CRX, 3" self tappers seemed like a great idea. Why does it smell like gas in here?

B2 Audio M1mkii is a beast of an amp. But just so you guys know... it'll only take 19v and .25 for about 20 burps before the smoke show. I probably shuold have read the manual. If I had, I would have seen that it's not high voltage capable.

That's the last 6 months. Stay tuned.

Was doing my sister on her car. Drained the Transmission fluid and put oil in the engine oil. So she had no transmission fluid and x2 needed engine oil.

I had no clue that it was tranny fluid because it was yellow. (wtf) Only thing that was strange was that it had a strange smell and when I pulled the oil filter it was brown. I knew something didn't add up at that point. went to pull out and it didn't go anywhere. haha that was a long next morning fixing my mess up before I went to class.

wtf indeed man.................

4608-ew.gif

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

Fucking love Alan you goddamned fucking super nerd lol

When Alan uses big words I don't understand

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

RIP 5/29/15 - I love you son.

Made the mistake of not masking EVERYTHING off when doing some plastip work. Turns out the over spray shows up really well on white paint.

Did brakes, didn't check my parts. Auto store gave me rear pads instead of rear shoes. Had to put it all back together, drive down, then pull it apart again.

Forgot to fuse a lead to my volt meter. That was fun...

Didn't shut off my car when I was screwing with stuff on my amp. Arced the hex key to the amp casing. Popped the ground fuse on my deck

Tried to open up bolt hole in a ring terminal with my big ass dewalt drill while I was holding the term. It wrapped my finger around the bit, took out a little chunk of meat and ripped the skin on my knuckle. Was swolled and hurt like a bitch for a week or two afterwards.

I tried that shit before… drill > you

09 Challenger R/T (Audio system under construction):

• Pioneer AVH-X4500BT (PAC RP4CH11 harness)
  • (2) Sundown Audio SA-8v2 (inverted)
  • CT Sounds AT1400.1D
  • XS Power D3400
  • 40 sq ft. Audiotechnix deadener
  • 1/0 Audiotechnix wiring
  • stock Boston Acoustic 7 speaker amplified system (for now)
  • Sealed trunk enclosure

Build log:

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/178399-slammed-dodge-challenger-sundownct-sounds-build/

TEAM GOAT

signature-1.jpgsubsignature.jpg

None of you guys can beat me on this.

I sprayed WD-40 on a driver side front brake rotor to stop it from squealing.

Obviously, i didn't realize what I had done until I hit the brakes and the truck made a right hand turn.

I'll have a go at it.

My freshmen year and first week my friend has his license, driving around in his old maxima, go to empty lot to try drifting, he hits a curb and slams into the concrete lip of a building behind it and bends the hood in the middle. To try and hide it I suggest flattening the hood, but it still had a peak where it folded, so I grabbed a towel and a hammer. Put the towel down, thinking it would protect it, gave it 8-10 powerful hits, removed towel and realized with all the little dents and divots it now looked like it rained golf balls on a 3"x"3 patch on the hood lol.

how bout that time your finger got smashed by neo magnets?

09 Challenger R/T (Audio system under construction):

• Pioneer AVH-X4500BT (PAC RP4CH11 harness)
  • (2) Sundown Audio SA-8v2 (inverted)
  • CT Sounds AT1400.1D
  • XS Power D3400
  • 40 sq ft. Audiotechnix deadener
  • 1/0 Audiotechnix wiring
  • stock Boston Acoustic 7 speaker amplified system (for now)
  • Sealed trunk enclosure

Build log:

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/178399-slammed-dodge-challenger-sundownct-sounds-build/

TEAM GOAT

signature-1.jpgsubsignature.jpg

In the middle of Afghanistan, on a 3 day recon, I decided to fix a broken wheel by turning the charging system into a welder...

Well, wheel=fixed, and HumV=on fire. The other guys on my ODA didn't find it as funny as I did...

Archived