Sundown Audio

My attempt to support Brick and Mortar (Sundown)

why would he buy from someone who lied to him?

My thoughts exactly. You think he wanted to drive 80 miles one direction to NOT buy subs? I don't think so. They lied to him. Plain and simple.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

i bet he never would have went if they didnt say they price matched lol

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

I would have been unhappy with the shop but after driving that far I think I would of bought them.

Years ago, I would've too. I would've even paid the $250/sub they told me the first time I drove up because I did very little research before making a purchase. I'm sure the "owner" was banking on me caving in too.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

i bet he never would have went if they didnt say they price matched lol

You're absolutely right, I would've ordered them the say time I bought my amp. They were on sale for $155/sub. But I wanted to support this brick-n-mortar. Not to mention that my fiance was with me and how would she have looked at me if I allowed someone to be dishonest with me and I still supported their business?!?

I see your point and agree it's the principle in the matter, but that'd be tough to walk away having drove 160 miles round trip twice... If the sa12s continue their popularity, I'd be willing to bet they'll cost $220 even online in the next year or so. They were only $169, 6 months-year ago. Hell they were 189 like 2 months ago.

You could always wait til Black Friday. $133 shipped on Amazon last year. Hahaha!

The thing about business that businesses sometimes fail to realize is that if you have good customer service and a product that people want, they'll come to you. I know people that drove to Atlanta from Nashville (200+ miles) just to go to IKEA.

I haven't even started to put the sound deadener (Second Skin) in my car so I'm far from ready for the subs but I figured I'd go ahead and get them . But if all else fails, I'll get the B-Stock subs or wait for Black Friday sales.

You can get a blown sa12 from sundown right now for $65 shipped and recones are $40 so you basically have a brand new sub for $105

• Like (+1 Rep) 2

Used to have a loud truck

2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq

2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s

I have been going to the same brick and mortar store since before there was an internet to buy stuff. Because of that I can pull one of the owners aside while other customers are in the store and ask for a legit price. I still like to support the local small businesses. So too keep the good relationship with a shop is a good idea. Remember Amazon can't always ship stuff to you 2hrs before a comp.

• Like (+1 Rep) 2

The shop I go to is as good if not better than the internet. He gives out a 2 year warranty and he delivers the next day. He got an internet store on amazon. All his prices are competitive with the online dealers. He ships out to other cities as well but he is located in Chicago so he just has a driver bring the stuff to my house.

My boy is from Chicago and he's always coming back from the crib with good deals.

Yeah, I love my shop because the Type -r isn't their best woofer. A whole lot of shops around here treat it like the best ever made.

• Like (+1 Rep) 2

I have been going to the same brick and mortar store since before there was an internet to buy stuff. Because of that I can pull one of the owners aside while other customers are in the store and ask for a legit price. I still like to support the local small businesses. So too keep the good relationship with a shop is a good idea. Remember Amazon can't always ship stuff to you 2hrs before a comp.

Clearly, if they had been honest they would've got a repeat customer and I would've done the 80 miles with no problem. But it's shops like my example that mess it up for the good spots that do still exist, like the one you mention.

OAN, unlike most I'm not doing this for comp, I just want good stuff for my install.