Sundown Audio

cheep koreans amps no good -FI

bdog

well take an sp4 for example

"hey derp! my sub is taking 3500rms all day long, no smell or anything!! not hitthing mech. limits!! i need MOAR powarrr"

2 weeks later

" ZOMG DERP! i turned my gain up and its so much louder!!! the sub gets a little warm though but ilet it cool down"

couple days later

" zzzzoooommmgggg my leads caught fire this subs a POS it couldnt take any more then the 3500rms i was giving it grrrrr"

numbers are just figures here fyi

i run the fully loaded SSDs, i play my truck very hard, not one single BURNT lead. not a proken glue joint. no darkend coils. HOWEVER. i have broken many leads off the terminals due to playing under tunning and well.. playing them the way i did.

To my understanding it's not due to mechanical limits it's due to the way the frequencies are filtered. You gotta remember these Korean amps come from an assembly line. I think Korean amps are the shit for the money. Hell that doesn't stop me from wanting to run some big power amps, just makes me aware of what can happen.

what im saying is people will think the sub can take more power because they cant small the sub, or not hitting mechanical limits so they turn the gain up, causing mroe heat thennn poof!

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

well take an sp4 for example

"hey derp! my sub is taking 3500rms all day long, no smell or anything!! not hitthing mech. limits!! i need MOAR powarrr"

2 weeks later

" ZOMG DERP! i turned my gain up and its so much louder!!! the sub gets a little warm though but ilet it cool down"

couple days later

" zzzzoooommmgggg my leads caught fire this subs a POS it couldnt take any more then the 3500rms i was giving it grrrrr"

numbers are just figures here fyi

i run the fully loaded SSDs, i play my truck very hard, not one single BURNT lead. not a proken glue joint. no darkend coils. HOWEVER. i have broken many leads off the terminals due to playing under tunning and well.. playing them the way i did.

To my understanding it's not due to mechanical limits it's due to the way the frequencies are filtered. You gotta remember these Korean amps come from an assembly line. I think Korean amps are the shit for the money. Hell that doesn't stop me from wanting to run some big power amps, just makes me aware of what can happen.

what im saying is people will think the sub can take more power because they cant small the sub, or not hitting mechanical limits so they turn the gain up, causing mroe heat thennn poof!

So then is gain the issue here or is it power supply noise?

See from Fi's facebook. They reference the coil, not the tinsel leads. Typically when people fry subs with "cheap Korean amps" the coil goes, not the tinsels. So I have to ask... Why are the tinsels being targeted here? Does the coil remain unaffected by this? Why didn't they make a similar upgrade to their entire lineup vs. just the team and SP4?

12117_811424922217443_863200447_n.jpg

The coil is the one affected, but it's the lead that fails. Cooling tech ology has alleviated the damage done but due to FI's design, the lead is the weak point. In my opinion there are many ways to fix this but FI wants to be different. And there isn't anything wrong with it. Who's to say that this signal noise isn't true? Maybe it holds water we just don't know how or why yet.

And from what I saw already, the geometry of the other lines won't allow for this current modification. It also could be the even with this distortion, at lower levels it just doesn't create enough heat to become an issue. Or maybe the subs would fail mechanically before the leads burn

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

That's exactly what I'm trying to wrap my head around. So many of us pound on the same subs for years without failure. I can see wanting to put beefy tinsels on just for the sake of beefy tinsels. Especially on a high power sub. And TBH I like the bolt terminals better. But it sounds like they are trying to solve for a burning tinsel issue and I have to wonder... Is it really an issue? Is it truly because of power supply noise in the amp or is it because of user clipping their equipment? Tinsel wires are pretty small anyway. And they lack the forced air cooling that the coil has. Could it be an issue with trying to push 5000 watts of power through a piece of woven wire the size of pencil lead?

is Ben the same guy who was arguing with Damore?

Yes

tell him to stick to cutting grass hes really not going to make any friends at the rate hes going.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Archived