Sundown Audio

cheep koreans amps no good -FI

bdog

It's been known for awhile that there are companies out there that just don't do quality. The manufacturer doesn't want to take that cost and is happy with what they put out, which is crap. Then there are other amps that the manufacturer does want to take that cost and isn't happy with a pos and makes sure it doesn't happen. Even if they're all Korean made, there's still the quality factor. Might be Korean made but pile of nuts and bolts made into an amplifier or actual amplifier parts made into an amplifier (obviously not the case but you get the idea.) If you think not, just look at brands. Kenwood and Crescendo being 2 examples. Not saying which is better (I'm sure everyone already knows anyways) and not saying both or either are Korean made. Just 2 examples of quality.

Another thing might be fact that a company, such as Alpine, isn't focused on that aspect so much. Like they made some very high quality head units. Owner at one point though of making more money and expanded to subs and amps and who knows what else. (Might have started with subs and expanded to head units, etc. Not sure, as just again, just an example)

Sheena = pedobear

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tinsels won't burn with lil power it's the big amps doing it I've seen the aq 3500 catch one on fire an a massive amp

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

I wonder if the new SP4 tinsel leads would rub holes in the cone after some time??? they are pretty serious though.

There are felt pads on the cones above the leads

My Build Log

95 Honda Accord

Nook HD+ tablet

Team Ascendant Audio 18"

2 Skar Audio SK-2500.1D

Crescendo Audio C1100.4

2006 Civic, Fi SP4 12", bc3500

Build log

Well, no korean made amps for me then, if they can't make and sell a quality product then they do not deserve my money.

Tough enough to buy things at this point in time for me, and buying the same old shit quality over and over, above and beyond a quality units price is a fucking waste of money.

Guess the old saying goes, you get what you pay for, time to just buy it once and buy quality from now on.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

its not you get what you pay for.. some korean amps cost over 2k and thats not cheap.. maybe people should go easy on the gains and not send clipping signal to the sub

The problem comes from the the fact that most of the amplifiers made overseas are lacking proper filtering of these frequencies. Typically those little blue parts in the amp ;) These high frequencies make the tinsel leads act like a tuning fork. Get the right noise and they will vibrate and shred. This is why everyone went from single leads, to double, to stitched in to the spider, to sewn into the spiders.

Since none of the internet guys actually engineer amps, no one cares or even knows. They are all told that amp is good, please buy more my friend.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Every time one of my woofers has "blown" its been one coil on one sub (AA Mayhem's) and that coil doesn't even read on the dmm. no visible damage to coil either when reconing,....in other words tinsel failure... happened 3 times now

AQ3500.1

Interesting topic...

Untitled-2.jpg

My Videos

AQ + AA/Fi FTMFW!!!!!

Wtf? I've never heard of this. Am I really reading this right, they are knocking class D amps? For burning tinsels? So, what, I'm supposed to sell my 8k and then.....? What's my replacement? I'm sure not going to shell out 20 grand for a t15k.

Sound like some POS excuse for a warranty claim or something. Like a more technical version of the "sub break in"

No, people that hate FI and Ben the know it all never done anything is using his friends words and science book to argue it. Got to love someone who's never seen the issue, heard of the issue, or understand the issue to try and argue the issue.

I tried replicating the issue when people first started complaining of turning their subs into bonfires, but I was never able to. Now with the scope I was able to see some of the noise Nick is talking about, and I dolice the FOAD design, but I don't understand reinventing the wheel. My tests with some of the "cheap" Korean amps did show an increase in heat at the induction, but not enough at the frequency to even darken the coil or create enough heat to cause the issue. I'm on the fence with Nick's argument but love that they've done something.

Not happy that the reason we can't place an order was this but oh well, lol

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Archived