Jump to content

Hyper Competitive Attitudes, Poisoning Car Audio Hobby


Recommended Posts

Posted

Ive seen jerk offs, running around comps, all the same.....

I go back to my group, and we drink, and watch them just look a fool. Puff their chest out, act like their cock just doubled to 5 inches. meh...

Most times, im just FINE being me.... not that loud, still learning like a 3 year old, and .... the one guy, everyone at the place, knows will try and help them.

I will die happy knowing this,.. not that i made a number on a puter screen. :shrug:

Posted

512d395a9dfb1.jpg

This isn't teeball. YOU DO NOT GET A TROPHY JUST BECAUSE YOU SHOW UP. Put the work in and then maybe get the respect when it has been earned

151.6 with single 12 at 41 hz

153.2 with 2 12's at 43 hz

power: dd m4

  • 4 weeks later...
Posted

Well said, man, it sounds like you covered all the bases. This needed to be said-- One look at YouTube comments on bass vids--pretty much any bass vids-- shows the problem in its entirety.

I make a point to call these people out and let them know that the car audio community as a whole should stick together, collaborate and, to borrow a phrase from a great old movie, "Be excellent to each other". More often than not it falls upon deaf ears but man, you gotta try. Never been to a competition (I don't even know if there are any in my area) but I'm sure the same shit goes down there as it does on the internet.

I really need a garage...

Price vs. Performance rules my life!

2013 Chevy :sonic:Hatchback!

Posted

I love the video Ed.

Everyone has seen "That Guy" at the comps. Dogging everyone else's stuff, usually when his is crap.

My favorite story- I went to a show where an older guy (maybe about 50) was walking around and talking trash about people's systems- (instead of just enjoying himself like what a laid back show is supposed to be, but I digress). Mainly making fun of Kyle's Blazer ("It flexes too much- he ain't gonna' hit no numbers because of all of that flexin") and my Astro (He Didn't know it was mine as I was standing there and acting like I was some random noob while listening to him- "This van ain't gonna do nothing because he got them old speakers too far back in that wall. And them Hifonics ain't nothing. He ain't gonna hit 135.")
-Kyle runs and does somewhere around a 154 burp, I run and do 150.3 Street Beat. He is somehow still talking smack and we both ask which system is his- "Well, uh... I don't have my ride here, but it is louder."

-and this is a grown man?!?!?

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install


You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

Posted

I think the most annoying cases of hyper competitiveness lies within hardcore competitors that go after points and records etc... How they act towards people treating this hobby as well... a hobby. Making fun of people that meter a certain way, certain organizations. Probably the most frustrating thing to me because most people are in this as a hobby.

4 18's, low power and lots of gay fur.

Team gg

Team DOA

My Videos :)

Posted

Most of it stems from immaturity.

All too often today you have people who have no regard for other people in any way shape or manner, and enjoy being a disrespectful prick to others around them for their own personal pleasure.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Posted

I can relate to this. I call them Trolls. I am new member to this forum and I already get people bashing me like im dumb and questioning why I pick this brand and ect.... I am here because I love audio not to be better then anyone or make myself look smarter or cooler.

"Toyota Camry rebuild page 21 (link)http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183768-94-crossfire-camry-18s-walled-singer-alt-has-arrived-rebuild-starts-pg-10/page-21

PIONEER DEH-P8400BH

2 CROSSFIRE C5 1700D

2 CROSSFIRE C7 18

HOOD. NSB GROUP48 TRUNK SMS AGM400

DUAL RUNS X SCORP 1/0 OFC

275A SINGER ALT.

DYNAMAT XTREME

SOUNDSTREAM TA4.280

PIONEER COMPONENTS


Posted

I can relate to this. I call them Trolls. I am new member to this forum and I already get people bashing me like im dumb and questioning why I pick this brand and ect.... I am here because I love audio not to be better then anyone or make myself look smarter or cooler.

Take it with a grain of salt and stick around for a while, this is a great place to hang out believe it or not. =)

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Posted

i agree with you 100% edward

people who have bought from me Team Bassick (ALPINE) Purplehaze nidus

head unit sony dsx-s310btx
subs 2 12 incriminator audio king of bass
subs amp incriminator audio 20.1
mids/highs
mids/highs amp incriminator audio 6.4
equalizer clarion
crossover interfire
alternator 1 mechman 240amp
battery's xs power 1 d2100 2 d3100
sky high car audio 1/0 awg ofc wires

memphis car audio 1/0 ofc
xs power xs flex 4 awg

sky high car audio 8 gauge ofc

sky high car audio 12 gauge ofc

t spec rca


check out my building log http://www.stevemead...frey-build-log/

http://www.stevemead...d-other-things/

check out audio gear i have for sale
http://www.stevemead...51#entry1595151

Mechman_300x100px-2.jpg

3d7304fe.jpg

header3-1.gif

SkyHighCarAudio_zps27302c94.png

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2239 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...