Not that you have a tail gate, cut the blowthrough already. Geeez!!!!!

How does he plan on crossing the 3 way front stage? Or running as two pairs of two ways?

"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography

How does he plan on crossing the 3 way front stage? Or running as two pairs of two ways?

They won't be 3 way, just like you guessed, two sets of Two ways. I kinda wish I had a little bitty amp to run the 4" comp set because they don't require much power at all.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

They won't be 3 way, just like you guessed, two sets of Two ways. I kinda wish I had a little bitty amp to run the 4" comp set because they don't require much power at all.

Hmm, interested to hear how he plans on doing that, to me it sounds pretty hard to make sound as good as he is saying.

Why not run a three way? You could run a LPF on the midbass, then run HPF on the 80PRS to the comp set, which would then be passively crossed between mid/tweet. T/A wouldn't be a big deal since you plan on putting them both in the A pillar. You would probably want to choose a midbass that was better suited to midbass duties though, PA mids generally don't play super low that well. There's some efficient midbasses out there that would be better suited IMO.

To me, you didn't need those tweets down low anyway, and this would solve the comp set amp problem too. This is definitely what I would do man. Talk it over with your guy though, see what he thinks.

"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography

Archived