My First 3D Printing Project! BMW 19" .27% Scale Replica!

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

I love these things. My teacher was a prick tho and was trying to charge like $10/cubic inch. I got a half scale of my router base that I made to send to toolmakers for a jig but it was only half scale so I couldnt. And printed another part but it was shit. That machine was junk and had me printing in the .013 accuracy. Cost $26000 like 4.5 yrs ago and couldnt melt the plastic enough to get a good look. But it was fun to use. That wheel looks fucking sick.

My SPL to SQ Build Log

Vehicle:
1997 Dodge Dakota Ext Cab 4x4 2009 Dodge Journey SXT
5.2L V8 Magnum 3.5L V6
Stock Alt

Equipment:

Headunit- Alpine CDE-147BT

Mids/Highs Amp- JL Audio G6600 Class AB 6 Channel

Sub Amp- Hifonics BRZ1700.1D @ 2 Ohms Taramps DSP3000.1D

Sub- Hertz Hi Energy 12" HX300D SounDrive SDA3 12

Tweeters- Rockford Fosgate Power Series Silk Domes Hertz Hi-Energy

Mids- Dayton Audio Reference 4" Full Range Drivers 

Midbass- Silver Flute 6.5" Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5"

Processor- MiniDSP 2x4

RCA- 6 channels of SounDrive HF series

Wire- EB Flex 2/0

-Member of Team SounDrive

Now you can buy a personal one for around 500$

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

Now this is what I'm talking about. Everyone so worried about ppl creating guns with these. I'd be making car parts, tv frames, household stuff. I'd build a car with it if I could, oh wait you can.

if nothing changes, nothing changes

You don't know what you don't know, till you don't know

you could build it but Im not sure how solid it would be. you would still need to do something about any moving part and the engine would have to be real as well.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Depends how thick it is. But my one part that is like <1/4" thick is pretty solid. But probably brittle if it bends.

My SPL to SQ Build Log

Vehicle:
1997 Dodge Dakota Ext Cab 4x4 2009 Dodge Journey SXT
5.2L V8 Magnum 3.5L V6
Stock Alt

Equipment:

Headunit- Alpine CDE-147BT

Mids/Highs Amp- JL Audio G6600 Class AB 6 Channel

Sub Amp- Hifonics BRZ1700.1D @ 2 Ohms Taramps DSP3000.1D

Sub- Hertz Hi Energy 12" HX300D SounDrive SDA3 12

Tweeters- Rockford Fosgate Power Series Silk Domes Hertz Hi-Energy

Mids- Dayton Audio Reference 4" Full Range Drivers 

Midbass- Silver Flute 6.5" Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5"

Processor- MiniDSP 2x4

RCA- 6 channels of SounDrive HF series

Wire- EB Flex 2/0

-Member of Team SounDrive

I love these things. My teacher was a prick tho and was trying to charge like $10/cubic inch. I got a half scale of my router base that I made to send to toolmakers for a jig but it was only half scale so I couldnt. And printed another part but it was shit. That machine was junk and had me printing in the .013 accuracy. Cost $26000 like 4.5 yrs ago and couldnt melt the plastic enough to get a good look. But it was fun to use. That wheel looks fucking sick.

It cost $9 a cubic inch when we bought out last shipment of materials (3-4 years ago). My wheel is printing in 0.0100 inch layers and the whole assembly was about $23 grand 5 years ago and we just bought the $2,000 program lease for the second time, because the IT guy whipped it from all the computers 2 years ago. Then the company wouldn't send us the files without buying it again...

you could build it but Im not sure how solid it would be. you would still need to do something about any moving part and the engine would have to be real as well.

Not completely 3D printed, but mostly.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/cars/news/industry/urbee-2-the-3d-printed-car-that-will-drive-across-the-country-16119485

So my fear of the machine running out of material after I left came true. About 30 mins after I was gone it happened... And apparently the robotics team that was there couldn't figure out how to do it or didn't want to touch it. They also waited till this morning to tell me instead of last night when I could have came back and fixed it all up..

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

that sucks to hear man....those machines are cool to watch.....don't understand with all the tech out there why we still need to be converting files, but I guess it makes money for more companies. Does the machine recognize when it runs out and goes on stand-by?

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

I'm am more than positive that it can, mainly just based on the cost of the damn thing lol.

I looked further into the printer's specs and found that it does have the option to print down to 0.007" layers, mine must have just been too big of a part or something. Idk.

For files think that you just made some insane 3D modeling program, now you need a way to save the projects that are made on your program with your version of coding. Just way too many programs for a universal file type. The converting however doesn't take long at all and is part of the saving options in the design program I use.

The printer's program just try's to optimize the file for the best way to print it.

Archived