Second Skin Audio

Trunk Walled Off Builds

Drew5787

I'm looking for advice and info on a trunk wall build. I was gonna do the wall build inside cabin but after hearing from y'all on the forum I'm deciding not to do it.

So you want to lay your seats down and build a box with sub facing forwards? Then you want to isolate the front of the box from the trunk by sealing it off? Am I on the right track? I'm pretty sure I couldn't fit an 18 like that in my trunk. I only have like 13inches of clearance. In my opinion I don't think you should run an 18 in the trunk, not enough room. If you aren't going to use the back seats anyway you might as well just get another 18 and wall it at the b-pillars. Go all out

Apparently I've missed out on this new craze of calling everything a wall.

I guess everyone wants to be the cool kids and say they have a wall regardless of what it is. A wall to me means maning the fuck up and making whatever car you have a useless 2 seater with bass. Something that was built from floor to ceiling with no regards of ever making a car stock again.

I suppose my blow-through is a wall too right? I mean if you front fire your walmart box and stuff a bunch of towels around it, that makes it a wall too right? Hell even in construction, a wall that doesn't go from floor to ceiling is called a pony wall. There ya go kids, build yerself a pony wall in yer trunk.

please impregnate my girlfriend

HA!

Might be too old for her, but feel free to send pics of her mom........ And tell her I said hey ;)

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Bill beat me to the trunk wall rant so I'll just say that's right goddammit. Same goes for c pillar walls. Ehhh I want to cart around me friends so they can all tell me how cool I'm out. Hike up the skirt build at the b pillar and see how many people are afraid to listen to it just from the thought of that small confined space called a passenger seat

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Never seen a thread get worse in a couple hrs.

You must be new... lol

7w1lnOR.jpg

2004 Bagged Trailblazer

(4)18" Sundown Nsv3s
(4) Taramps HD10000s, Taramps DSP3000, Lanzar opti 250x2, AB 100x4
(2)DC power SP 270s, (14)XS Power d3100s, (1)d6500

You aren't going to be able to anyways 18 inch woofer single layer box is now 19.5 tall. Dual layer like it should is 21 tall. You are going to have an enormous angle on your face of the box to fit it. Or fire it up. You bought the wrong woofer dude. Sometimes you need to put your wants aside and not buy a woofer that people used in suvs for a compact car

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Never seen a thread get worse in a couple hrs.

You must be new... lol
this is really civil compared to some recent threads lol

750??! Yeah, fuck that. Fuck this website, fuck SMD, fuck Steve, fuck all of his butt buddy mods, and their couches.

^ DON'T BE A DICK LIKE THIS GUY :)

Team Subsonic Lows

Lay your seats down, grab a scuba suit and glass the entire trunk, Spot weld the trunk shut, throw 2 layers of mdf in where you folded the seat down and call it a day.

I remember a year or so ago when this came up I was in the minority, lol.

I call it sealing off from the trunk because that is the most apt description. And when asked why isn't it considered a wall my only real answer is that a define a wall as an enclosure that extends from floor to ceiling, sealing off the cabin while decreasing cabin space to pressurize. Sealing off from the trunk does that but it doesn't decrease any amount of cabin space to pressurize.

I feel bad for the OP...what was the question again? lol

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Archived