Budget 6 1/2 co-axials/components?

Seymore

double your budget or get a decent set for the front only

That's nonsense, I've heard 30$ coaxials that sound almost like Focals, and RF primes that sound like 80's stock.

I've heard some good things about these though

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_37228_Power-Acoustik-CPT-60C.html

find me a pair of $30 coax's that sound as good as my $400+ hertz hsk165s and ill give you my hertz. Until then you can have all the cheap shit and ill pay for quality

Used to have a loud truck

2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq

2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s

Far better than anything your looking at that will take more power than your willing to throw at them and still sound good doing it.

While it is above your set price, it will out perform many others in it's price point.

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/p_19922_JBL_P660c.aspx

There is no comparison in a $30 coax to compete with even the entry level focal speaker in any way shape or form, PERIOD.

The best invest you can ever make in your doors would be to deaden and prep them, otherwise you will not get the most out of them, as a well prepped set of doors will make a sub par set of speakers sound great, you'll be blown away how well a truly great speaker sounds.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Like Bighoss said. And if you live that close to kicker and can go, i would! I mean if you cant afford 25 for gas, well then, i would say save for another 2weeks or so and or sell some stuff and get extra money that way(thats what i would do to)... I have a Set of brand new Rockford Fosgate T1 6.5s that im selling, and only reason i opened them is to take pics for ppl and only reason im selling is because i need 5.25" not 6.5s after test fitting the first set. So im prob. goin to stay with RF and go with the Built in cross over 5.25" Rockford Punch's unless i can fig. out a way to mount the cross over or find a place to put it.

Also maybe another idea to toy with with only get 1set of 6.5s and go up in your price(which is what i would do and done before as stated by Bighoss). Cause you pay for what you get most times. Ive heard systems that were built well but, not with ok components and STILL sounded just OK but NOT good, where on the flip, ive heard setups that were not "built" well but used great quality components and sounded great compared to the others. Just recently i let my friend do a side by side test even let her drive my car for the day to test em out in my S2000 with RF T1s and her CRZ with Alpine Type S components in her CRZ. She now wants to go to the next level with either my RF's, or go with Arc's, Kicker's, or JL's... Even if she gets say like JL C2's or RF Punch's her CRZ will sound as good as mine if not better.

Also, i woulda got the JL C2's had i not got a good deal on the RFs... If you REALLY want to stay below 120 tho, i would look into the RF Prime line. I found them just now for 36bucks which is hard to beat(but still wont sound much better then stock IMO)<- Reason i say that is my brother swapped out his stock Bose system in his Titan for Pioneer components(think they are called 1720 or something? correct me if im wrong pls. Top it off the mid wasnt really good compared to his bose. So NOW he has to spend MORE to get better(which i told him in the first place to do).

But as you said when you went from the cheapest brand to a step up you heard a difference and theres a reason for that. Most ppl can tell the difference, its just a matter of, are you willing to spend what its worth(not worth to you, but what they go for)... Just remember your in the Car Audio Forum and most ppl want good to great quality esp. when it come to sound and SOUND QUALITY... Theres a reason SQ is SQ, and for most of us were willing to spend extra or more compared to the cheaper stuff...

To me if its worth doing, its worth doing it "right" per se....

I have had some JL that didnt sound too bad, have some mezzo's that are decent, Had some Q series MSB quarts, but havent heard anything around 30 bucks that would keep up with my Focals. I'm sure you can get some speakers that sound good but comparing them to Focals I'm not so sure about. Then again they are way over that budget. I have never owned any hertz before but have heard them and they are really nice. What are these 30 dollar speakers? I need to try them out, oh but they need to run off my 175.4 though

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/177477-slowboring-07-trailblazer-build/

Pioneer DEH-80PRS
PRV 8MR400-NDY (eight)

PRV TW350Ti (6)
Sky High 1/0 OFC, 12 gauge and 8 gauge
TM Metalworkz battery terminals

120 sqft Hushmat
XS Power D3100 (6)
Singer 350 Amp Alt

Singer 320 (2)
American Bass SQL3200

JL Audio JX360/4

Crossfire XS 8K (2)

DC Audio XL 15s (6)

VbjgkeI_zpsc016cd1e.jpg

For just a few more bucks than you started with, you can also get two sets of entry level Pioneer components at Sonic.

They are about 10 bucks cheaper on Amazon through a Zshop right now as well.

They are entry level though, so don't expect miracles, but they will sound miles better than stock, and they will handle a good deal of power as long as it's clean. I just put a set in my car and am pretty happy with them overall, but they definitely do not sound like my HiFi at home (though I wouldn't expect them to).

Note though that they are 6.75's and will require a bit of finesse to get to fit in a 6.5 mounting hole.

Archived