whats a good router

Miguels

no one has said it but seen it on youtube.. is there a reason to it?

To be honest I don't know, but I do notice that it puts less strain on my router and it's easier to cut. Keep in mind I don't have a top of the line router, but it's not he cheapest either. I learned it in wood shop and it stuck with me: maybe someone here has a better explanation.

It is easier on the bit, especially with cheap bits. I usually did 2 passes prior but not with the ucc. just 1 pass and done with it looking cleaner than it would with 2-3 passes.

RPM speed is everything which I just found out a couple months ago, spinning the bits slower instead of faster makes them cut easier, even tried playing with my speed settings and noticed how big of a difference it is.

Don't know what a ucc is, but I've burned carbon tips with just one pass. Yeah I tend to cut at lower rpms, and in increments of about 1/4 of an inch. I don't have a lot of money so I try to take care of the little tools I do have. OP a router is probably one of the best purchases you could have made though.

Team Bass-Hz

screenshot5-1.jpg

no one has said it but seen it on youtube.. is there a reason to it?

To be honest I don't know, but I do notice that it puts less strain on my router and it's easier to cut. Keep in mind I don't have a top of the line router, but it's not he cheapest either. I learned it in wood shop and it stuck with me: maybe someone here has a better explanation.

It is easier on the bit, especially with cheap bits. I usually did 2 passes prior but not with the ucc. just 1 pass and done with it looking cleaner than it would with 2-3 passes.

RPM speed is everything which I just found out a couple months ago, spinning the bits slower instead of faster makes them cut easier, even tried playing with my speed settings and noticed how big of a difference it is.

Don't know what a ucc is, but I've burned carbon tips with just one pass. Yeah I tend to cut at lower rpms, and in increments of about 1/4 of an inch. I don't have a lot of money so I try to take care of the little tools I do have. OP a router is probably one of the best purchases you could have made though.

Ultimate Circle Cutter

/www.forestcitytool.biz/products.asp This is the place for carbide bits. This place will manufacture the bit to your specs if needed. Been around for ever.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/

th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12
Skyhigh Wire
Mechman 320
XS Power D3100

MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/

I hate long signatures....

...what the fuck is wrong wiht you you fucking fuckity fuck fuck head...

Mtnbikecrazy55 Feedback

Same here. All my Freud bits met early death. Their saw blades are way better then their bits ;)

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

post-44-0-22226600-1429303040_thumb.jpg

You will need a router with some power if you want to start working with bigger bits.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

^^^ kinda the reason Im glade my Porter Cable broke, I still may fix it, but Im loving my 2.3 hp adjustable rpm..

I really need a lift now more than ever with all the bits im starting to collect
Im finding myself doing more and more dangerous things. :(

thus far, I been loving 60 and 80tooth irwins.

I know theres better out there.

I dont think id be able to try a diablo blade.

Well shit ^

I've never had anything but good experiences, but at the same time Its mostly woodworking I've done with cherry/maple/oak/walnut rather than mdf, although I don't imagine that really giving it an issue.

But that's good to know, will certainly make me reconsider next time I'm buying one. Thanks for the heads up!

I hate long signatures....

...what the fuck is wrong wiht you you fucking fuckity fuck fuck head...

Mtnbikecrazy55 Feedback

Archived