Cheap/good sound deadner alternatives?

or you can get 5x the performance

Si :Jim:

Well I tried the GT matt that was 50 mill. It was cheap at 119 for 100 SQ ft. I thought it was ok. I just got 20 SQ FT of NVX sound deadener from Sonic and WOW what a difference. With the GT matt I had to heat it with a heat gun to get it to stick. (It sticks real good when heated) The NVX is way thicker and was super sticky even cold. WOW this stuff is nice stuff. Not a bad price at 59 bucks shipped for 20 ft. I am going to buy more when they get it back in stock and redo my doors.

Major difference in sound? or just application?

So far just application. My bass amp has been returned under warranty so I am waiting on that. It does sound a lot more dead when I knock on the roof. I was getting bad roof flex resonance so I am hoping this will help.

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

the dynamat xtreme I used so far in the back I can tell its really good shit. It sticks instantly and is really thick. I am going to keep using it or if I get a good deal on something similar to it I will us that but I can definitely tell just when I applied it, its quality!

"Toyota Camry rebuild page 21 (link)http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183768-94-crossfire-camry-18s-walled-singer-alt-has-arrived-rebuild-starts-pg-10/page-21

PIONEER DEH-P8400BH

2 CROSSFIRE C5 1700D

2 CROSSFIRE C7 18

HOOD. NSB GROUP48 TRUNK SMS AGM400

DUAL RUNS X SCORP 1/0 OFC

275A SINGER ALT.

DYNAMAT XTREME

SOUNDSTREAM TA4.280

PIONEER COMPONENTS

You can usually tell how good it is by how many times you cut your hands on it lol

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I had to run a razor blade through it about 3 times just to get a clean cut and it molded amazing and honestly I did have about 4 or 5 cuts on each hand by the end of the day. then again I did cut a little metal.

"Toyota Camry rebuild page 21 (link)http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183768-94-crossfire-camry-18s-walled-singer-alt-has-arrived-rebuild-starts-pg-10/page-21

PIONEER DEH-P8400BH

2 CROSSFIRE C5 1700D

2 CROSSFIRE C7 18

HOOD. NSB GROUP48 TRUNK SMS AGM400

DUAL RUNS X SCORP 1/0 OFC

275A SINGER ALT.

DYNAMAT XTREME

SOUNDSTREAM TA4.280

PIONEER COMPONENTS

Peak and deal is not a a Sound dampener.

Plain and simple as that.

The cheapest thing you can do is get the best performing product and apply it correctly in the areas needed.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

OK so took my truck for a drive today and I can tell a huge difference in the sound deadener on the roof. Way less wind noise and just makes the interior sound better. Cant wait to redo the doors.

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

P&S can also stink up your car and fall off during hot days. DO NOT PUT RUFFING MATERIAL IN YOUR CAR!!!!.

Soundqubed Q-Mat is what I use and its cheaper and I love it.

2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d

140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed)

140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL

142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at)

141 on music.

strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said:

when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole

• 2 weeks later...

I used peel and seal from Lowes in my chepo truck...Worked great IMO. 14 bucks for 6inch x 25ft. It stuck well to everything. It was on well still is on the truck that I sold. Never peeled off in the two years I had it.

NO!!!

just NO!!!

His truck must have smelled lovely.

P&S can also stink up your car and fall off during hot days. DO NOT PUT RUFFING MATERIAL IN YOUR CAR!!!!.

Soundqubed Q-Mat is what I use and its cheaper and I love it.

Actually didn't smell bad...well at first it did but went away. I am in North East Indiana so It gets hot but only for a short amount of time. I've found other alternatives that when bought in bulk are cheaper than P&S. I still liked it. for the price for my beater....and clearance!

Archived