TRON Posted August 6, 2014 Report Posted August 6, 2014 All I've heard what he's slow. Whether or not his designs suck is hard to say, everyone has their own opinion. For the people saying he doesn't know his stuff, they need to do their homework, Pete is pretty knowledgeable about acoustics. Again, everyone's own opinion... But the people on SMD that bash him are no better than the people everywhere else who bash SMD. Relax, the guy loves audio just as much as we do, even though his approach is different. Avalanche Alpine Type S comps Alpine Type S 10'' Alpine MPR-F300 Alpine MRX-M50 Mechamn 270 XS Power d3400s
Bump4life Posted August 6, 2014 Report Posted August 6, 2014 i think his designs are good if you are looking for a box that will play a very wide range. but for spl he doesnt have a clue. by wide range i mean 25hz up to 60 hz pretty darn flat. but for most of us a 20 hz range is plenty. and most of us make up the low end with cone area. id say stay away unless its for like getting the most out of a 6.5 or 8 inch woofer. he does wonders with rear loaded horns and t lines Buyer/Seller Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemead...5015-bump4life/ MB C220 153 Trunk Car Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d/#entry1840136 MB C280 Ipad Dash SQ Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/194484-bump4lifes-new-benz-tony-c-relay-kit-pictures-ce-electric-audison-front-stage-installed/ My SPL Log: http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1 BMW M340 xDrive Stock, for now. Corner Load 10" maybe soon. But does 10s in the 1/4... Best Scores out of a trunk 153.0 sealed legal full tilt clamped 5524 @ 42 hz 154+ windows down, 155+ kick
Facekicker Posted August 6, 2014 Report Posted August 6, 2014 All I've heard what he's slow. Whether or not his designs suck is hard to say, everyone has their own opinion. For the people saying he doesn't know his stuff, they need to do their homework, Pete is pretty knowledgeable about acoustics. Again, everyone's own opinion... But the people on SMD that bash him are no better than the people everywhere else who bash SMD. Relax, the guy loves audio just as much as we do, even though his approach is different. His designs suck, I'll post mine if you want. He doesn't know his stuff, he made some critical mistakes that even I can point out. Pete may be knowledgeable in something, but I feel he's reached a point where he's not willing to apply that knowledge for all his customers. Yes it's my opinion. I'm not bashing him to better myself. I used his services, he and his services suck balls, and whether or not he loves car audio I think people should know how bad he sucks. I for one would have saved myself from the situation I'm in if I had read anything similar to my post. Honestly I'm not one to hop on a board and bash someone. I had nothing bad to say about him until yesterday, I had been biting my lip until I had a chance to discuss things with him and ask him a few questions. But he verified all of the above. The guy is a fucking asshole. He could be the fucking Stephen Hawking of car stereo but he'd rather hold that knowledge over your head than actually apply it. I call bullshit anyway. Who calls themselves an audio engineer, designs a wall, then when the wall is complete and sounds like shit, the explanation is that the cabin space is now cut in half so it won't perform how it was drawn up. WHAT?! 2002 Monte Carlo Started a build log Fi, DC, Mechman, XS Power
Krakin Posted August 6, 2014 Report Posted August 6, 2014 Ghost loves car audio, but I wouldn't let him design a toothpick within my state. Krakin's Home Dipole Project http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370 Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist? I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . . What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself but what has drawn your attention in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears, thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.
OrionStang Posted August 6, 2014 Report Posted August 6, 2014 My experience was similar to Facekickers, though it was years ago. However, last time one of these threads came and I stated how much of a bitch Peter is, I got a 3 day vaca and a point SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
goldeneye4564 Posted August 6, 2014 Report Posted August 6, 2014 do things the hard way and learn from your mistakes. ask around the forum for help when you need to. build it yourself. thats the best thing to do. and im sure if you build it you will have a better box then a PWK pos. I RREEALLY ANGRY WIT U PHOTOBUCKET. HAD TO USE DROPBOX NOW HOLYYYYYY. Wanna ride bikes? Quote On 9/16/2017 at 3:28 AM, Jake Pace said: Oh i know how a 12v system works I did take 3 years of electronics in High school hands on and some in college and also worked on cars in college an always got A's to B's in each class. But oh well enough dealing with ppl who have probably not even lived as long as ive been into electronics! On 7/8/2013 at 4:01 AM, Banshee421 said: Do horns get low
Facekicker Posted August 6, 2014 Report Posted August 6, 2014 Oh I've learned and made many great new friends along the way. Couldn't agree more ^ 2002 Monte Carlo Started a build log Fi, DC, Mechman, XS Power
dolarbilz Posted August 6, 2014 Report Posted August 6, 2014 My experience was similar to Facekickers, though it was years ago. However, last time one of these threads came and I stated how much of a bitch Peter is, I got a 3 day vaca and a point What's the point score for?
Kyblack76 Posted August 6, 2014 Report Posted August 6, 2014 My experience was similar to Facekickers, though it was years ago. However, last time one of these threads came and I stated how much of a bitch Peter is, I got a 3 day vaca and a point What's the point score for? Warned im sure....... SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
OrionStang Posted August 6, 2014 Report Posted August 6, 2014 Warning point. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.