Are we hurting or helping are members?

Since I am new here, I'll bite.

I've really slowly tested the waters. Most of you guys haven't seen me post anywhere, other than the misc. threads. I'm doing a lot of hunting through build threads, reading, learning, trying to pick up the things I don't know without boasting about all the awesome shit I do know (it pales in comparison to a lot of the guys here.) If I see a question that I know a little something about, I try to be helpful, but I'm not going to get pushy about it; you can take my advice or blow me off and it doesn't hurt me either way.

I think what gets a lot of guys frustrated (speaking from experience being a senior member and moderator at another forum) is when people want to be spoon fed. If you show up here, and ask really dipshit questions that you could figure out yourself with a Google search or an afternoon's browsing the forum, YEAH someone's going to have an attitude because you're abusing their good nature asking for the knowledge they worked for to be handed to you without respect for the work they put into attaining it.

I'm not saying some guys won't crap on a newbie to make themselves feel better, but you get that anywhere, not just on forums. Most of what I've seen since I got here has been words of encouragement, heartfelt advice, and freely offered knowledge given in the spirit of helping each other. That's my 2 cents, for what it's worth.

2015 Toyota Tacoma Build Thread

2007 Mazda 3; 5000K HID's, Kenwood Excelon KDC-X997, Infinity Reference 6.5 comps in front and coaxials in the rear doors, JL 320.4 four channel, Rab Designs built ported enclosure with an SA12, Kenwood monoblock, Redline Leater shift boot/e-brake boot/center console cover, JBR short shifter/shifter bushings/rear motor mount.

Build Thread

1996 Mazda Miata: Kenwood Excelon HU, Alpine speaker in the doors, Clearwater (miata specific) headrest speakers. 

1994 Mazda Protege: Kenwood Excelon HU, Infinity Reference 2 ways all around, 2x RF Punch 10's in ported boxes. 

Some people come on here and ask for advice and once they get it and are given a few good answers from the vets here they say they are wrong and don't know what they are talking about. I have only had one comment towards me and I cant put sarcasm in my post. Was something in things that piss you off.

A lot of people will just post a question and not even search. It's been answered a 1000 times. Of course not every situation is the same but they will ask the same question for the same situation.

I am not the know it all by any means and when I post something I make sure they know its my opinion. May be a fact, may not but they know its my two cents. I have talked to a few on here and asked questions and even sent PM's to some and have got nothing but a answer back. I never questioned it, I went with it and used it. I have no issues with my set up right now, happier because of it, and personally am grateful to everyone on here that gives an honest opinion. Those that get on here to mess around, we don't have time for. They have been kicked off the site before and get back on with a different name and talk the same stuff. It's not hard to figure out.

There is some bashing and talking smack. Most of us are guys. That's what we do. We love to complete. Its not anything personal. Just having a good time and pushing on another. .....................My buck fifty.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/177477-slowboring-07-trailblazer-build/

Pioneer DEH-80PRS
PRV 8MR400-NDY (eight)

PRV TW350Ti (6)
Sky High 1/0 OFC, 12 gauge and 8 gauge
TM Metalworkz battery terminals

120 sqft Hushmat
XS Power D3100 (6)
Singer 350 Amp Alt

Singer 320 (2)
American Bass SQL3200

JL Audio JX360/4

Crossfire XS 8K (2)

DC Audio XL 15s (6)

VbjgkeI_zpsc016cd1e.jpg

So many times I see people/members making posts asking for help/advice/input and ect. on here only to read a whole list of people bashing them making them feel stupid. Are we here to hurt these people or help them? Me personally I am here to learn and to help others and i enjoy being around others who have the same interests (car audio) and just to read threads like its my morning newspaper.. I havnt been a member that long but I have met some cool people that are real down to earth but then again I feel a lot of people are here to show off and be better or louder then others and stick there noses up higher like they are smarter then the rest of us. Just kinda wanted to throw this out there. Thanks

I'm going to get to the point since your post actually aggravates me to no end. Instead of arguing, can I please ask for links? Please show me these cases you're seeing

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Ill say this, a stupid question deserves a stupid answer and thats all there is to it. In the past month there has been some dumb shit asked. "Can i use 4 awg in an amp with a 0/1 output"? "How much can i put to this woofer with a rms rating a 1500 rms"

Stupid question, stupid answer

Aww forget it. ill just keep my thoughts to myself.

You've been here for a month. It's kind of hard to have a legitimate point with this train of thought judging one aspect of the situation without even a grasp on the entire situation. I'll wait till I can see actual proof, because I intend on seeing you link kasey, which obviously your view is skewed, and I am not sure where you keep seeing this.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Aww forget it. ill just keep my thoughts to myself.

You've been here for a month. It's kind of hard to have a legitimate point with this train of thought judging one aspect of the situation without even a grasp on the entire situation. I'll wait till I can see actual proof, because I intend on seeing you link kasey, which obviously your view is skewed, and I am not sure where you keep seeing this.

"You've been here for a month. It's kind of hard to have a legitimate point with this train of thought judging one aspect of the situation without even a grasp on the entire situation" Is this lawyer talk or something? lol.

"Toyota Camry rebuild page 21 (link)http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183768-94-crossfire-camry-18s-walled-singer-alt-has-arrived-rebuild-starts-pg-10/page-21

PIONEER DEH-P8400BH

2 CROSSFIRE C5 1700D

2 CROSSFIRE C7 18

HOOD. NSB GROUP48 TRUNK SMS AGM400

DUAL RUNS X SCORP 1/0 OFC

275A SINGER ALT.

DYNAMAT XTREME

SOUNDSTREAM TA4.280

PIONEER COMPONENTS

So many times I see people/members making posts asking for help/advice/input and ect. on here only to read a whole list of people bashing them making them feel stupid. Are we here to hurt these people or help them? Me personally I am here to learn and to help others and i enjoy being around others who have the same interests (car audio) and just to read threads like its my morning newspaper.. I havnt been a member that long but I have met some cool people that are real down to earth but then again I feel a lot of people are here to show off and be better or louder then others and stick there noses up higher like they are smarter then the rest of us. Just kinda wanted to throw this out there. Thanks

I'm going to get to the point since your post actually aggravates me to no end. Instead of arguing, can I please ask for links? Please show me these cases you're seeing

Why am I aggravating you? Do I need proof? why would I make something up? Im stating my opinion what I see that goes on...

"Toyota Camry rebuild page 21 (link)http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183768-94-crossfire-camry-18s-walled-singer-alt-has-arrived-rebuild-starts-pg-10/page-21

PIONEER DEH-P8400BH

2 CROSSFIRE C5 1700D

2 CROSSFIRE C7 18

HOOD. NSB GROUP48 TRUNK SMS AGM400

DUAL RUNS X SCORP 1/0 OFC

275A SINGER ALT.

DYNAMAT XTREME

SOUNDSTREAM TA4.280

PIONEER COMPONENTS

Id like to see an example too. Ive been doing this a long time so I want to see it. Thats why I would like an example or a link. I feel that all of the things I laid out will have a reason behind it.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Archived