DubNDodge Posted April 24, 2014 Report Posted April 24, 2014 Kyle, in regards to weaknesses, it used to be the leads. Now what is it? Thermal of the coil? That would be a ton of power though to get it to that weak point though I would think. Or a square wave. '01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log 2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said: Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.
Kyblack76 Posted April 24, 2014 Report Posted April 24, 2014 Kyle, in regards to weaknesses, it used to be the leads. Now what is it? Thermal of the coil? That would be a ton of power though to get it to that weak point though I would think. Or a square wave. I was speaking of said leads. The same ones that i STILL run. I still run the original leads, with spaced spider. (the weakness, is the user) SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
Miguels Posted April 24, 2014 Report Posted April 24, 2014 i agree Kyle.. clip the subs with tons of power and the leads will be the weak point on any sub.. FOAD leads are over kill my logshttp://www.stevemead...-my-new-set-up/my blow through loghttp://www.stevemead...future-updates/ 96 ss http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/164094-96-impala-ss-build/
95 south Posted April 24, 2014 Report Posted April 24, 2014 I am running 3 SP4 15's on a Crossfire 8K right now but soon 4 of them on 2 Crossfire 8K's. IMHO they wang like a champ and I can barely get the dust cap warm with me wired at .33 right now!! No System......GFY
bkolfo4 Posted April 25, 2014 Report Posted April 25, 2014 Also, the Fi coil options on the big boy subs are .7 or 1.4 . That is the DCR, not the nominal impedance. Some day people will understand the difference between impedance and measuring DC resistance with a multimeter. Just not sure if it will be in my lifetime Current system: 1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s Previous systems: 2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz. 1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.
bkolfo4 Posted April 25, 2014 Report Posted April 25, 2014 And I sold my Mayhem and bought a SP4 for my nova. Not installed yet, but killer looking sub. Current system: 1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s Previous systems: 2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz. 1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.
P4killer_ Posted April 25, 2014 Report Posted April 25, 2014 Steve mick runs these iirc on something crazy like 8 or 16 crossfire 8ks. On 16v iirc I dont remember but either way he 59.9 badsraces and bass boxes the hell out of them so yea theyll take it. I personally know of an ns-1 per sp4 on 16v at .4 iirc nom. So imo with some care I wouldnt be afraid of 5k per daily Edit: mick runs xs but I mean it pretty similar. I coulda swore he runs 8ks maybe not. Either way theyd laugh at anything under 4k Setup: 2010 Hyundai Elantra Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000 Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of - DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s
bighossf150 Posted April 25, 2014 Report Posted April 25, 2014 The only sp4s I've heard were in obi's Lincoln and they got straight nasty, I'm hoping my tantric hdd's can hang Used to have a loud truck 2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq 2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s
Kyblack76 Posted April 25, 2014 Report Posted April 25, 2014 Also, the Fi coil options on the big boy subs are .7 or 1.4 . That is the DCR, not the nominal impedance. Some day people will understand the difference between impedance and measuring DC resistance with a multimeter. Just not sure if it will be in my lifetime LOL, i KNEW you where gonna chime in. Fact is bro, i SEE .7 NOMINAL, at my amp,.. on the meter.... Hell, they sell them as 1.4 or .7 coil options. But, trust me, i know what your saying.... And I sold my Mayhem and bought a SP4 for my nova. Not installed yet, but killer looking sub. You still havent gotten it in? shit kid! get to work.... Steve mick runs these iirc on something crazy like 8 or 16 crossfire 8ks. On 16v iirc I dont remember but either way he 59.9 badsraces and bass boxes the hell out of them so yea theyll take it. I personally know of an ns-1 per sp4 on 16v at .4 iirc nom. So imo with some care I wouldnt be afraid of 5k per daily Edit: mick runs xs but I mean it pretty similar. I coulda swore he runs 8ks maybe not. Either way theyd laugh at anything under 4k Xfire V2's, but, they are some what similar. Same build house, and some parts (frame, foam, cone, such) ... great sub.... The only sp4s I've heard were in obi's Lincoln and they got straight nasty, I'm hoping my tantric hdd's can hang Youll be fine....... SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
bkolfo4 Posted April 25, 2014 Report Posted April 25, 2014 Also, the Fi coil options on the big boy subs are .7 or 1.4 .That is the DCR, not the nominal impedance.Some day people will understand the difference between impedance and measuring DC resistance with a multimeter. Just not sure if it will be in my lifetime LOL, i KNEW you where gonna chime in. Fact is bro, i SEE .7 NOMINAL, at my amp,.. on the meter.... Hell, they sell them as 1.4 or .7 coil options. But, trust me, i know what your saying.... And I sold my Mayhem and bought a SP4 for my nova. Not installed yet, but killer looking sub.You still havent gotten it in? shit kid! get to work.... Steve mick runs these iirc on something crazy like 8 or 16 crossfire 8ks. On 16v iirc I dont remember but either way he 59.9 badsraces and bass boxes the hell out of them so yea theyll take it. I personally know of an ns-1 per sp4 on 16v at .4 iirc nom. So imo with some care I wouldnt be afraid of 5k per daily Edit: mick runs xs but I mean it pretty similar. I coulda swore he runs 8ks maybe not. Either way theyd laugh at anything under 4k Xfire V2's, but, they are some what similar. Same build house, and some parts (frame, foam, cone, such) ... great sub.... The only sp4s I've heard were in obi's Lincoln and they got straight nasty, I'm hoping my tantric hdd's can hangYoull be fine....... Your meter won't measure impedance. It only measures DC resistance. You will never actually seen .7 while playing music or test tones. Trust me! Current system: 1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s Previous systems: 2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz. 1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.