Why use 1/0 to 1/0 AMp Inputs?

A simple notch made in the terminals could fix the problem, make it long enough to fit several amps, and at any point if they do loosen up they wont fall out, causing possible arching or shorting.

Granted a user could easily drill them out a tad like I did as well. Take the set screw out the amp, insert the blocks, mark with a perm marker, remove blocks and drill.

Something like this, would keep them from sliding out, and add that extra security.

Dont mind the black from a different person that makes crap as well.

x5yl.jpg

I do not believe you will see enough of a drastic difference between the 2 test in smaller amps. I don't see a 3k amp having more of a draw then what a smaller contact point would provide . This can be backed up by running smaller fuses then rated with o change in results.

I do believe you will see noticeable results in larger amps say 5k and up. I would also like to see some thermal testing between the 2 if you really want to do a side by side test. Burst test are one thing, but last time I check, most of us don't listen to music 15 seconds at a time. ;)

Brian also makes a very valid point with pull out strengths. Eve though a properly setup system shouldn't have any strain on the power wire. But then again, shit happens ;)

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Was there a drastic difference in this test with a 2k amp? No there was not at all. In total over the average of all 10 tests run with each method of input, there was a 55w difference. The video is slowly uploading now.

I can go alot further into this if I have time later, but for now this is what I had time to do tonight.

Point of this being, one is not better or worse than the other. Talking shit about a product just because you dont like it is all that is happening. The point of these inputs to to help make for cleaner and easier installs. Any added benefit on the performance side would be extra.

I like the fact that each time you need to take your amp out for any reason you don't damage or put wear on your wire everytime. Simple enough and does what it supposed to, love that fact it makes everything look that much cleaner.

2001 Saturn L200
-Sony MEX-BT4100P
FRONT STAGE:
- (4) Crescendo PWX 6
- Cadence XA250.2
SUB STAGE:
-Fi Audio BL 15 (Sealed Off)
-Crescendo BC2k
ELECTRICAL:
- Singer 240A alt

- XS Power D3400
- SkyHigh OFC power/speaker wire
- Big 3 with SkyHigh 0gauge
Build Log: Click Here

Scores: 146.5db @ 29hz Outlaw

My questions have NOTHING to do about whether I like a product or not. I was simply asking a question in regards to your claim of it being a better connection over straight wire. Me asking you to prove your claims isn't me being a hater. It just means I would like to be a better informed potential customer. Because if I go and sell your products, and MY customer asks why its better, My answer has to be better than "because CJ told me it was better" None of this was to pour sand into your vagina.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

I like the idea of the set screw or the slot cut in the end. I will have to check my connections just to see if they are loose. I have a 1/0 to 4 gauge adapter on the ground to my 125.4 amp and the dual 1/0 to my SQ 2200

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

N8 hit the nail on the head. Granted they are cleaner and look nice, but you are getting a reduction in surface area contact. Unless you can prove to me otherwise, it's nothing more then a sales gimmick. I'll take my "ghetto" wiring directly to an amp over a fancy sales tactic.

I said the same thing for the longest time. I think it was CJ that posted vids of gains versus just bare wire etc. so the contact area isnt an issue like i thought it would be too.

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

Definitely worth the cost. However, I would recommend against the shrink wrap over the tightening screw. I checked my screws monthly and found they could loosen up.

Noelito, they fit perfectly. Not sure where you heard they are too big.

I don't normally endorse shit for free, but here are a couple sets on my 3500.

CAM000331.jpg

Wouldn't some loctite on the hex screws eliminate the issue of screw loosing up? and you could keep the heatshrink over the reducers and be worry free....

those reducer's look great.

Personally I don't want to be putting loctite on any of this stuff.

I also check connections every so often to make sure things are still snug and sometimes find that things have loosened up some, but nothing has ever fallen out on, not saying it can't happen though.

Gain or no gain I don't compete for every tenth and what they cost is nothing to me so with all the amp swapping I do I like to use these things, I have a lot in my arsenal.

I am not picking sides but for me, I do like and use these types of things.

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Archived