I have a 99 volvo s80 2.9 L6 and its throwing up code p0154 which i have done research and its an oxygen sensor. I did some research and this car has 4 oxygen sensors, 2 downstream and 2 upstream. I haven't been able to visually inspect the sensors because its been 100+ around me. Does anyone have any knowledge or past experience with this issue? Im finding that its a common thing but no one answers which ones they replace. Its bank 2 sensor 1, but what I'm trying to find out is which ones that is?

The spot with least resistance LOL.

I would ground to a rubber dildo if it had less resistance than a run of 4/0 wiring.

how many poeple work there 3 or 4 lol

At crescendo HQ? probably 2-3

At the sweatshop in china? 30,000 children

No Engine

In my opinion when it comes to something like that I usually replace all 4 that way i never have to worry about them again. But bank 2 sensor 1 should be passenger side front O2 sensor.

Is that a down stream or upstream?

The spot with least resistance LOL.

I would ground to a rubber dildo if it had less resistance than a run of 4/0 wiring.

how many poeple work there 3 or 4 lol

At crescendo HQ? probably 2-3

At the sweatshop in china? 30,000 children

No Engine

pull each sensor one at a time and hit it with a propane torch until it turns white. You may be able to save them. How long have your CEL been on ?

CURRENT SYSTEM:

• Alternator:
    1. Stock alt on mids/highs
    2. Isolated DC Power 270 SP - Charging @ 16.8v
  • Batteries: (2) XS D1400s
  • Power Cable: Double Runs of 1/0 KNU Kolossus Fleks
  • Headunit: 80-PRS
  • Sub Amp: DC 5.0k
  • Subwoofers: 2 RE MT 15s /PSI dual .7ohm recones
  • Subwoofer Enclosure: 9.1cubes @ 32hz - brutal.
  • Mids & Highs Amp: CT125.4
  • Active Components:
    • Mids RE XXX 6.5c
    • Highs - 3 RE XXX tweeters per side(A pillar)
  • Noise Control: Damplifier Pro all over the cab.

Build Log

If you do business with me please leave feedback here: FEEDBACK THREAD

Highest Legal Score: 151.0 db
Highest Musical 30 Second Average: 151.6 db

In my opinion when it comes to something like that I usually replace all 4 that way i never have to worry about them again. But bank 2 sensor 1 should be passenger side front O2 sensor.

Is that a down stream or upstream?

Up.

Zeke

'14

2003 Chevy Monte Carlo SS

MONTEside00030001.jpg

Vehicle Details & Mod List: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/1703-chevrolet-monte-carlo-ss/

Audio Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/143276-2003-chevy-monte-carlo-ss-audio-build-ib-build

Pioneer FH-P8000BT

Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1

Fi IB3 (Two 12", 2-ohm SVC)

RF T400-2 & T500-1bdCP

MechMan S Series 240A

XS Power D3400 & D975

311-vector-logo_zps0d152f73.png sutliffSig_zpsb1df26dd.png

I have a 99 volvo s80 2.9 L6 and its throwing up code p0154 which i have done research and its an oxygen sensor. I did some research and this car has 4 oxygen sensors, 2 downstream and 2 upstream. I haven't been able to visually inspect the sensors because its been 100+ around me. Does anyone have any knowledge or past experience with this issue? Im finding that its a common thing but no one answers which ones they replace. Its bank 2 sensor 1, but what I'm trying to find out is which ones that is?

Bank 1 usually refers to Driver's Side, & Bank 2, Passenger's side.

"Sensor 1" generally means the Upstream sensor ... the one in the exhaust manifold ...

"Sensor 2", Downstream ... in the exhaust pipe, AFTER the catalytic converter.

Zeke

'14

2003 Chevy Monte Carlo SS

MONTEside00030001.jpg

Vehicle Details & Mod List: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/1703-chevrolet-monte-carlo-ss/

Audio Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/143276-2003-chevy-monte-carlo-ss-audio-build-ib-build

Pioneer FH-P8000BT

Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1

Fi IB3 (Two 12", 2-ohm SVC)

RF T400-2 & T500-1bdCP

MechMan S Series 240A

XS Power D3400 & D975

311-vector-logo_zps0d152f73.png sutliffSig_zpsb1df26dd.png

Well im bored and check to see what the code shows for on identifix.

Customer Concern:
Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL) is on. Cannot get any readings off the scan tool for the pre-Catalytic Converter (CAT) oxygen sensors. P0154 is set.
Tests/Procedures:
1. Monitor Short Term Fuel Trim (STFT) with a scan tool for both banks. Run the engine rich by injecting propane before the Mass Airflow (MAF) sensor while watching the fuel trims. Both should go negative quickly.

2. If one bank is not responding, or slowly responding, ensure that there is no exhaust or vacuum leaks.

3. If no other faults are found, verify that the rear sensor on that bank is operating correctly. If it is, replace the front sensor.

It also mentions to check wiring harness for both bank 1 and bank 2 sensor 1 (before cat sensors).

If looking to just change Bank 2 Sensor one i think that is the sensor on Driver side before cat.

If it's worth building, it's worth over building.

image_zps27zlqdnx.jpg

• 6 months later...

Bank 1 usually refers to Driver's Side, & Bank 2, Passenger's side.

"Sensor 1" generally means the Upstream sensor ... the one in the exhaust manifold ...

"Sensor 2", Downstream ... in the exhaust pipe, AFTER the catalytic converter.

Bank 1 IS generally driver side, but bank 1 specifically refers to the side of the engine that cylinder #1 is located.

As said its a 99, replace them all.

Above post if you only wa t to replace the one.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Archived