This is why you don't buy $100 prefab boxes...

Why do people put everything under an umbrella?

example

"I received one of my SoundQubed subs and there wasn't enough glue on the triple joint which caused it to fail, therefore all SoundQubed subs are shit...."

Point is, not all prefabs are bad. This one is uber shitty but they aren't all like that. I have personally used multiple audio enhancers and atrend boxes back when I was in high school and they were built very very strong and sounded decent. Hell I put 2 HDC412's on 2 aq3500's at a half ohm each in an atrend box as a temporary setup and it withstood that amount of power.

Think before you type people.

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like I said its a year old. It actually went through 3 different pair of subs before I got my sundowns. As the impatient little boy that I am, I went ahead and installed them. Now when I get my new box I woll be able to tell from quality and shit.

Yup looks like about the results I got with a prefab

Stuff's not built for more than a few hundred watts. Too cheaply made

I've used a few Prefab enclosures. Haven't had such an experience yet, but then again, I guess I'm one of those who uses less powerful subs. At this point in time, i haven't anything rated at more than 425RMS.

I've built my fair share of enclosures too, and sadly, I've built worse enclosures than I've bought prefab. Granted, they were my first and second sealed enclosures I put together back when I was a super knowledgeable 15y/o and then there was my first ported enclosure I made, which sounded like crap. Think I was 16, might have been 17.

Anyways, I'll fully agree that prefab is not as good as what one can usually build themselves. Generic ported prefab enclosures tend to suck, being . that they aren't made for a specific sub, but at the same time, ported enclosures aren't forgiving of tolerance error if one were to make their own.

You guys are just behind the times. That is a variable vane ported enclosure. Just like the turbos Porsche uses. Very cutting edge stuff.

Current: Two old school Orion HCCA 12's, No amp currently. Did run DAT Hellfire Prototype.

Old set up: Orion 2NT 15", Logic Soundlabs GSX32D,

Archived