Sonic Electronix

Not sure what source unit you normally run, but I use the Kenwood DNX9980HD headunit.

With that unit, I've found that running Windows media lossless seems to work best for me and not have to download a bunch of different stuff to my already cluttered up computer. Just running the simple windows media program and having a larger jump drive works really well with the Kenwood headuint for well recorded audio and video ...

Now for Sound Quality competition, there is NOTHING better that a VERY well recorded "company built" CD.

i have the

JVC KW-AVX840 Double-DIN Multimedia Receiver

Shakin not Stirred....my buildhttp://www.stevemead...ngle-cab-build/412 CVX

And put a sealed enclosure in your trunk cut a hole in your deck and call it ported :lol2:

when i play songs. i prefer mp3 honestly, easy to manipulate in programs and plays on any HU on the market. FLAC like many said is usually the best, lossless, meaning when it was compressed into a file it didnt lose any quality.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

got the link for the lossless media player app

Microsoft.com

I did not add anyting to my Kenwood, it just plays whatever I throw at it.

the windows media program is on my computer already installed on Windows seven ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

I keep a backup folder with all of the lossless files (FLAC) that I've ripped or downloaded and then another folder that houses a converted list of files that I want on my phone. In dbPowerAmp, these FLAC files are converted into 256kbps VBR mp3's. Like Tuxer said, VBR keeps bitrate high when it needs the extra data and low when it doesn't to save space. If you are that concerned, just convert them to 320kbps CBR mp3's.

Honestly, I doubt you'd be able to tell the difference between 320kbps CBR mp3's and a lossless FLAC file. There was actually a program (can't think of the name) that lets you load two versions of a song, such as lossless vs 320kbps CBR, but doesn't let you know which is which. It lists them as Track A and Track B and lets the song play through and you can switch back and forth between files without skipping a beat and then you get to guess. Obviously everyone hears differently, but when I tested a bunch of songs (FLAC vs 320kbps CBR), I hit about 70% correct. This was also with a nice pair of headphones and specifically listening for those high highs and extra 'feel' to the song Long story short, I don't think you'd notice the difference if you're actually enjoying music when you listen to it.

Have you had a system good enough to where you need flac to enjoy it?

When I play MP3's in my house I can't stand the quality, because the speakers reproduce the crap that is sent to them.

In my truck I can't tell a difference because I don't have a good enough setup and with that I also love MP3's in my truck.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

The best ones are the least supported, imo... ogg, flac for lossy and lossless. But hard drives are cheap, so I just ripped all my FLAC files to WAV and on a 1TB drive in my car.

If you have to use MP3, the best sounding codec is L3enc or MP3enc. You can get better quality at 128kbps joint stereo with those encoders than ISO or LAME at 320. Been doing mp3s since the late 90s. The mp3 encoder makes all the difference, and most of them suck ass.

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

Archived