The watt ratio between bass and mids/highs?

Totalnoob

Not trying to thread jack but how much power / compents to keep up with dc5k on 4 abxfl 1222s?

On 3/28/2014 at 4:22 PM, KyLar96 said:

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

I run a Sundown saz3500d for bass in my car to 2 sa12s. To balance that I have a Sundown sax100.4 with each channel running at 2 ohms. They power a 3 way active setup of 2 5.25" woofers, 2 3" mids, and 4 1" tweets. At 2 ohms the amp puts out a good 175 per channel. So that is 700rms for the highs and 3500rms for the sub's. That is a 1:5 ratio of highs to bass.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

This is a question that's basically impossible to answer. You can't just look at power. Have to look at driver size, amount of drivers, distance, efficiency (both driver and enclosures), aiming, and tons more, shit, even including the vehicle itself. And above all of that, everyone has different tastes.

"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography

I have 500 watts on 4 6.5s upfront, with 150 watts on tweeters also. Rear doors have 150 on mids and the same on the tweeters. 2k on 2 HDS310s. Needs more mids up front for me. another set of 6.5s!

I would work it opposite the normal way. I would start the build with a kickass frontage and then start on the sub's. You are going to be level matching anyway so you can adjust the gains accordingly. What you don't want is 10k on two 18" and a pair of coaxial on 60 watts. We don't need any experience with this setup to know that the frontstage cant keep up. Two or three comp sets on 75-150 watts should have no problem keeping up with anything under 155db. Like mentioned every car will be different. I would go with the biggest drivers you can fit for the front with plenty of power. Once you have a front as loud as you can stand worry about the sub's. Pay close attention to the midbass area (60-500hz). Output in this range will make or break the transition between the sub's and mids. I have heard too many cars that just fail at 60-300 and they never sound right.

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

the old school thought and what I still try to stick with is a 4 to 1 ratio of power. Even though I currently run compression horns and pa mids I still stick with that ratio

Archived