Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Best application....for sundown subs


Recommended Posts

Posted

Ok so I have been looking into sundown subwoofers...... I wanted a sub that can play down to 25 hz and be able to still go to the spl competitions when I choose to my vehicle tuning is around 41hz.

Here are my options ( I want to stay with dual 2 ohm config. and power is not an issue)

-Sundown Zv.4 15 x 2

-Sundown NS v.3 15 x 2

-Team sundown 15 x 2

I also saw that sundown offers spl cones.... different pole sleeve variations and also different coil size options!

Current set-up is a 7cuft after all displacements port only because subs will be inverted no matter what.....

-Tuning is sitting at around 34hz +/- 1hz

Let me know some of my options

* Thanks guys....

Posted

I vote x because you said 25hz

2000 Toyota Camry With Sealed Off Trunk

Sky High OFC Wiring

DC Power 270 XP Alt

AQ 2200 Sub Amp

Two DC Level 4 m2 12s

80 Mil Murdetmat

Gathering Parts For Wall Build.

Team DC Audio 2014 Member

Posted

That's specifically what Jacob created the x series for. To the murder the lows and still get loud.

2000 Toyota Camry With Sealed Off Trunk

Sky High OFC Wiring

DC Power 270 XP Alt

AQ 2200 Sub Amp

Two DC Level 4 m2 12s

80 Mil Murdetmat

Gathering Parts For Wall Build.

Team DC Audio 2014 Member

Posted

So the Zv4 can't lol?

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Posted

strictly spl application i'd run the nsv3 or the team sub if you wanna get ballsy, but that'd require lots and lots of power on tap. All of those subs will dig down deep into the lows if you want them to also.

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

Posted

If you will be occasionally competing I vote the NSv3 and since you say power won't be an issue the would do quite well... Though personally I would get the Zv. 4s :)

Vw Polo

Pioneer Deh-6050UB

Sundown Saz-3500d

DD Audio 9500 15''

5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz

I live to hear the Bass drop!!!

Posted

the teams are rated at 5k so bring power.

Banner_468x60.jpg

REP

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2832 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...