Car leaked oil and now my engine knocks...

Be careful putting thicker oil in without knowing what your oil pressure is doing. My car has a bit of a tick to it due to high mileage and poor maintenence from prev. owner. Tried switching from 5w30 to 10w40 and it got noticeably louder. Went back to 5w30 and called it a day

I would have it towed to a mechanic and get a diagnosis then. The 1/4 passes and long trips definetly weren't a good thing if it was low on oil.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

i used to have a 2003 grand cherokee and my oil guage would go crazy but at the same time that started my powerwire/fuse holder melted under the hood right next to a fuse box that had a couple wires running out of it next to the fuse holder and i was stupid and though maybe it melted one or something and thats what was causing the guage to get messed up so i didnt think anything of it. Well a week later the engine started knocking and a couple days later it locked up.... turns out my oil filter leaked all the oil.

2006 Ford Explorer

2 Team AA/Sundown 15s

6th order

Ct Sounds 7k

4 PRV Mr500 8s

Rockford p1000-2

Team Subsonic Lows

• 2 weeks later...

Did you find the problem yet? If not, Have you changed the oil recently? If you haven't, change the oil, drop the oil pan, and look for flakes of metal, also break open the oil filter to check for any metal flakes that could have possible landed in there? also while draining the oil look in the place your draining it and see if any flakes are appearing.

2000 Ford Focus ZX3

Mods:

Raceland Coilovers

Borla Exhaust

Aftermarket Header

System:

Sony CDX-GT66UPW

Pioneer 6x8's

System Upgrades :

Pioneer MVH-X560BT

2 sets of Rockford Fosgate P1683's

Fi Audio Q 18" D2 ( Currently Own)

DD M1C ( Currently Own)

All SHCA Wires and stuff...

XS Power 4800 ( Stock Replacement)

High Ouput alternator (undecided which company or Amperage.)

Rod (bearing) knock in the ENGINE.

Zeke

'14

2003 Chevy Monte Carlo SS

MONTEside00030001.jpg

Vehicle Details & Mod List: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/1703-chevrolet-monte-carlo-ss/

Audio Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/143276-2003-chevy-monte-carlo-ss-audio-build-ib-build

Pioneer FH-P8000BT

Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1

Fi IB3 (Two 12", 2-ohm SVC)

RF T400-2 & T500-1bdCP

MechMan S Series 240A

XS Power D3400 & D975

311-vector-logo_zps0d152f73.png sutliffSig_zpsb1df26dd.png

lifter tick not knock.. if the car was ran with out oil then more likely the main bearings gave out.. i know, i lent my truck to my homie and received back a truck that would tick at start up then dies off then only hear it at around 2.5k rpm.. i got pissed did a few burnouts and bam full blown engine knocking.. after disassembling i noticed the rear bearing was spinning and the rest got damaged as well

Archived