Second Skin Audio

Input for trunk hair tricks

right now with my current setup my obsidians at full tilt with my ct sounds amp im conistantly at 14.2 - 13.1 idle pounding and when im cruising it doesnt change much but again I have a car that was manufactured 4 months ago and the electrical system is so new its pretty tough, what the guy at the shop did tell me was that if my alternator was a denso than it was bullet proof and as soon as i turn down the gain or bass it will charge my battery bank.

your batteries will take long to charge (30min) and will be quickly drained (5min) followed by a blazing hot alternator.

Best options.

1. A second alternator bracket with any type of alternator of your choice for the bank. This route will not change anything factory other then a longer belt. You can use a sense type regulator or a self-exciting regulator.

2.wait for the development of a Toyota clutch type high output alternator

3. Use a very high current battery bank and charge it overnight.

If you really want all that current on your stock internally cooled denso then go for it. I been there and done that and its not something you would want to work with unless you have a spare alt on the side and a repair tech standing by for that sub amp.

Also exceeding the denso rectification rating will easily blow the bridge in the alt.

Not to mention,dropping to 13.1 with all those bats on an efficient ct 1400 is pretty damn bad.

Might wanna do more research before you start spending money. A lot of us been doing this 15+ years so might wanna take all advice an let it sink in.

So what are your max dimensions an take a pic of your battery setup so we can help

09 mustang gt

So you have 4 agm batts, stock 120amp alt sky high 0guage all around and big 3.

all that only a 1400rms amp dropping to 13.7 I'm guessing at the front battery.

5k will drop you below 11v most likely. Then shortly after that batteries will be dead and the amp will protect.

5krms needs at least 2 runs ofc, 250amp alt and an upgraded stock Bart with 1-2 batts in the back to hold above 11v.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

5k will drop you below 11v most likely. Then shortly after that batteries will be dead and the amp will protect.

5krms needs at least 2 runs ofc, 250amp alt and an upgraded stock Bart with 1-2 batts in the back to hold above 11v.

I'm gonna argue against the 2 runs being absolutely necessary, assuming you mean 2 positive runs from front to back. IMO, 2 runs are better used if they are 1 positive and 1 negative.

"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography

I'm gonna argue against the 2 runs being absolutely necessary, assuming you mean 2 positive runs from front to back. IMO, 2 runs are better used if they are 1 positive and 1 negative.
99% sure he means 2 pos 2 neg

he might be alright, because at 13.7 volts he isn't using his battery bank. so if he throws in more batteries ( he said he had 7) that reserves might be good for a 5500 ( not long because of a small alt )

Ah. Well still, two runs will get you a tenth or three, but a single run will handle the current from a 250A and the front battery. But 270A+ alt, I'd go with two.

I don't know why I'm arguing.

"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography

personally, with 7 xs power d1200's ...ofc runs... stock alt ( doing something ) id really hope it could run a crescendo 5500... short demos because the alt will be playing catch up, but still

sidenote, ive done a decent hairtrick with 2 sundown x 12s on less then 2k out of a trunk.

personally, with 7 xs power d1200's ...ofc runs... stock alt ( doing something ) id really hope it could run a crescendo 5500... short demos because the alt will be playing catch up, but still

Exactly the point. The alt will be playing catch up so much it will overheat and and die.

And what good are short demos? What good is a system you can't play turned up on the drive to work? Stop encouraging his shortcuts.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Exactly the point. The alt will be playing catch up so much it will overheat and and die.

And what good are short demos? What good is a system you can't play turned up on the drive to work? Stop encouraging his shortcuts.

if he is true about not being able to get an alt for his car yet, im just saying that the electrical will work ( BUT he will need to know when to turn it down and not allow the alt to play catch up, once that reserve is getting low and cant support the power by it self) but i agree with all 100% a h/o alternator is golden once there available for him

Archived