Jump to content

What do you get when you mix 2 Different Fuses and a 500 Degree Oven?


Recommended Posts

Posted

Fun testing for today. It took only 8 mins to deform and bubble a traditional plastic fuse at 500degrees, which isn't unrealistic under the hood of a car audio application. I have been seeing fuses melted over the past few months, that failed due to the plastic housing. As you can see our new ceramic cased fused is unharmed. We will be offering these in 50a-500a in about 2 weeks.

0667B078-6018-4E51-ABF7-5E8855300376_zps

Posted

I gotta order sum of them prudry white ones from D Hz :morepower1:

No 1 But me paid for this stuff and NO FREEBIES so no brand names (No Free Advertisement )

A SQ head unit

6 5.25

2 X 6x9s

7804

P400.4

4001D

1 34s (Maybe time to change brand)

4 X 15" s

!/0 @ 2/0 OFC Wiring

:morepower1: :morepower1: :morepower1: :morepower1:

ill say it like i always say it. F##K the DD-1. I don't care if you or anyone buys one. (well i do, but that isn't my point) Get an O-scope in the very minimum and learn how to use it or you are just guessing your settings like every other noob. :) once you master the O-scope then step up to a DD-1 or even better a DD-1 Plus.


Posted

You are killing me but I need some. Get ahold of me when they are in.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/


th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12
Skyhigh Wire
Mechman 320
XS Power D3100

MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/

Posted

That's tight. I've always thought that typical anl fuses were kinda plasticy flimsy. I'll keep my eye out for the official release of these.

GuEMAcB_zps08015839.png
Posted

nice...

i will take 12 asap...

I paid for our order this morning, I will have them on the site as soon as they show up.

Posted

nice...

i will take 12 asap...

I paid for our order this morning, I will have them on the site as soon as they show up.

Cool and the gang... im in.....

WIth dual alts, that motor bay BAKES.....

last show, it was 102 degrees. I played for 9 straight hours.... I actually COOKED the coloring off one of my ALT pulley caps... NO shit.... that fucking hot.

I bent lexan i had under the hood even.

Im in .....

Posted

500 degrees cooks a pizza in 12 minutes. People melting fuses have a poor connection and are generating heat from that. If your engine compartment is 500 degrees your fuses are the least of your troubles.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 4726 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...