ice bucket challenge !?!?

ghostlyrich

http://www.thehealthsite.com/news/how-much-money-has-the-als-ice-bucket-challenge-raised-till-now/

They have already raised 31.5 million dollars because of this challenge so I'm not sure what people are complaining about. Sounds like people are making donations to me...

But if this challenge is anything like the cold water challenge that was held for the national fallen firefighter foundation this is how is was supposed to work. The challenge was to jump into a cold lake or pool of water and if completed you were allowed to challenge 5 people. Now for every person you challenged that also completed it you were supposed to donate at least $10 to NFFF so you could end up donation $10 or $50 or even more. If you opted out of the challenge, it was a $100 donation to the NFFF.

Also not everybody has a bunch of extra money laying around to donate so any little bit helps. If people want to be jackasses and dump water on their heads and do no further research on ALS or even donate to the cause, that's all on them but more people are aware of ALS now than ever were before and more people donated now than ever have before so I would say it's been a pretty good run even if it's annoying as shit.

/end rant

formerly known as Jaylor Swift

I pretty much refuse to do it. The whole theory behind it makes no sense: do this dare or donate money to a good cause. Unfortunately, everyone does the "challenge" and doesn't donate. How does that help the ALS foundation? The only recognition it gains is that people know the initials ALS. Beyond that, nobody looks into it or anything like that.

I'm not putting you down for doing it at all. You said you donate yearly at work, which is great. I highly respect that. But unfortunately, most people just do the challenge and leave it at that.

I agree 100% with this

I even posted a recent status on Facebook very similar to what you said and got drilled with comments accusing me of being anti charity, against The cause etc etc. lol.

I just think it defeats the purpose if there's no donations or even awareness of what ALS is.. And I see more and more of em just calling out a bunch of friends without knowing what they're actually doing it for and the actual cause.

In my town the firefighters stand on the busy intersection by my house with boots for ALS donations... I prefer that... No ice cold water, just a friendly hello and some money into the boot :)

Considering they have come out and said they have raised $31,000,000 compared to $1,900,000 In the same time period last year I would say the attention is working way greater than anyone expected. Helps to know what you're actually talking about before you speak.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

http://www.thehealthsite.com/news/how-much-money-has-the-als-ice-bucket-challenge-raised-till-now/

They have already raised 31.5 million dollars because of this challenge so I'm not sure what people are complaining about. Sounds like people are making donations to me...

But if this challenge is anything like the cold water challenge that was held for the national fallen firefighter foundation this is how is was supposed to work. The challenge was to jump into a cold lake or pool of water and if completed you were allowed to challenge 5 people. Now for every person you challenged that also completed it you were supposed to donate at least $10 to NFFF so you could end up donation $10 or $50 or even more. If you opted out of the challenge, it was a $100 donation to the NFFF.

Also not everybody has a bunch of extra money laying around to donate so any little bit helps. If people want to be jackasses and dump water on their heads and do no further research on ALS or even donate to the cause, that's all on them but more people are aware of ALS now than ever were before and more people donated now than ever have before so I would say it's been a pretty good run even if it's annoying as shit.

/end rant

This is how its supposed to be done but poor Ice water on you rather then jump in a cold lake/pool what ever

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

I pretty much refuse to do it. The whole theory behind it makes no sense: do this dare or donate money to a good cause. Unfortunately, everyone does the "challenge" and doesn't donate. How does that help the ALS foundation? The only recognition it gains is that people know the initials ALS. Beyond that, nobody looks into it or anything like that.

I'm not putting you down for doing it at all. You said you donate yearly at work, which is great. I highly respect that. But unfortunately, most people just do the challenge and leave it at that.

yesterday i scrolled through about three pages on facebook and saw nothing but videos of this shit.

I thin the whole point of the bucket challenge is because it's suppose to simulate how it feels to really have ALS? and if you don't want to endure the pain of ALS, you support the cause by donating to cure ALS..? Or is this just way out of proportion and I read a rumor haha

MOB-MOBILE: 2005 Honda Accord 5-Speed System: (1) Sundown Audio SA-15 (1) MB Quart ONX1.1500D (1) Kenwood KDC-248U

Speakers:

-Rear Dash: (2) Clarion SRQ6932R 6x9's SOLD

New MOB-MOBILE:

2011 G37S Sedan

System:
TBD

Instagram (18+) : DabsWitaBudget415

Its to raise awareness for ALS and also donations... Im sure before this you never really heard of ALS and now you have.... It worked

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

Archived