Sonic Electronix

Adding your car audio system to your car insurance?

Ok I, like others on here, have literally spent THOUSANDS of dollars on my car audio set up. I have car insurance through Progressive. I was wondering if it is possible to insure my full system and rims on my car insurance? I am pretty sure that if I do it will skyrocket my payment. Any advice?

Refs 15 so far

skittlesRgood-SMD.com- sold a game to

Derrick824- SMD.com - ya boy got some decals

Tkitt21-SMD.com -traded for 2 BTL's

Hellbound Train-SMD.com -sold games to

NightDrifter05-CA.com- sold game to

ace_800-CA.com- Sold game to

vfrrider-CA.com- Sold Game to

luises14-CAC.org- Bought 2 BTL's from

BlackWaterOp-CAC.org- Sold game to

EricSteagall- SSA.com- Sold Hifonics 2610 to

My insurance, atleast the insurance we had, they moved to only commercial insurance, they offer as a base coverage of $1000 dollars for car stereo. Not sure about the new insurance my father has. Not sure about the rims either.

2000 Ford Focus ZX3

Mods:

Raceland Coilovers

Borla Exhaust

Aftermarket Header

System:

Sony CDX-GT66UPW

Pioneer 6x8's

System Upgrades :

Pioneer MVH-X560BT

2 sets of Rockford Fosgate P1683's

Fi Audio Q 18" D2 ( Currently Own)

DD M1C ( Currently Own)

All SHCA Wires and stuff...

XS Power 4800 ( Stock Replacement)

High Ouput alternator (undecided which company or Amperage.)

Most companies should, for an increase in your monthly rate i'm sure. Just call and find out. And whatever isnt covered by the auto insurance, you can try and see if renter's insurance will cover it.

$3500 of stereo coverage costs me like $15 a month with Country companies.

My personal property insurance covers my audio and other custom parts on my car. I get a combined rate for auto, renters, and personal property. Doesn't raise the rate that much, and definitely worth the piece of mind. Just be sure to make a video or photo log of all items.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

All reputable insurance I know will cover everything from stock to nodded out as long as its street legal. With stereos some require it to be securely mounted to the car to lower the chance of damage to it or you by it being able to move freely. Just call your insurance and talk with them. They should be able to give you a quote on the increase. Could always just get the high dollar items like subs, amps and speakers, batteries if you have them. Lets face it the wire if fused correctly should be fine, sound deadener isn't reusable exactly, and the deck if fused should be fine. For the wheels insure them. The your covered if stolen or damaged.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

I pay $5 a month for $2000 in accessory coverage through esurance.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

I added $10,000 worth of additional insurance for my wheels, hood, custom paint and stereo through Geico. I spend an extra $9 per month. Well worth it if you ask me. My truck has been broken into twice, AZ sucks.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

theft for me is $11 a month.and all i need to do isshow proof of what was taken and the amount

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff