Sundown Audio

Lightning Audio install INFO (i cheated to win and have the balls to come ask install questions here)

Clayton Lambert

^^^^. Steve, don't try to please everyone, or anyone. These contests (I imagine) are to encourage and incentivize people to put in work and strive to build the best system they can. It ain't charity, and you're doing it assuming some good faith on the part of the participants.

Let the whiners whine. The rest of us will still be here for the right reasons.

2015 Toyota Tacoma Build Thread

2007 Mazda 3; 5000K HID's, Kenwood Excelon KDC-X997, Infinity Reference 6.5 comps in front and coaxials in the rear doors, JL 320.4 four channel, Rab Designs built ported enclosure with an SA12, Kenwood monoblock, Redline Leater shift boot/e-brake boot/center console cover, JBR short shifter/shifter bushings/rear motor mount.

Build Thread

1996 Mazda Miata: Kenwood Excelon HU, Alpine speaker in the doors, Clearwater (miata specific) headrest speakers. 

1994 Mazda Protege: Kenwood Excelon HU, Infinity Reference 2 ways all around, 2x RF Punch 10's in ported boxes. 

People should be grateful to even be involved in these contests... Quite frankly I've never seen another forum come close to offering what we have going on here... Makes me thankful I can be a member here.

Thanks alaskanzx5 I might just do that
I can recone a sub myself. About a year ago I took 2 12" power acoustic mofos and made one sub. I took the magnet and the motor off of one and j b welded it to the other motor and magnet. I had to wind my own voice coil so it would work. After I was done hooked up to 2 boss 5000w amps. And shattered my back and all my side windows

came to this thread to recommend soundqubed and ct sounds. OP goes with soundstream.

oh lawd.

People should be grateful to even be involved in these contests... Quite frankly I've never seen another forum come close to offering what we have going on here... Makes me thankful I can be a member here.

thank you.

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

Well if you have not mailed it yet then put that amp back on the dyno at .00001 ohm and wall socket the subs for like one whole day to break them in proper for him.

So the kid worked smart not hard to get the answer. No skin off my nose. Fix the ability to exploit or change the "rules" and move on.

Really I'd rather see this kid win than someone who already has a 5,000$ system. That's one of the big things that always bugged me about audio contests is the thought that I'd be rooting for someone to win who had absolutely nothing, or some walmart junk to win something nice.

We're not all poor with just one vehicle..... Some of us have a beast audio build and a nice daily driver that needs a system too.

The man with no shoes is still complaining even after seeing the man with no feet. Sorry, bro, no sympathy.

I kind of feel bad for SM if he got pooched out of views/revenue, but I sort of admire the kid for his creativity. Not like he won the megabucks, he won a decent first system that might get him 2nd or 3rd place in a rookie class around here with a professional install.

I love seeing new people get into the hobby, and if this kid is clever with programming/script writing he's likely to go big one day if he gets bit by the audio bug from his first taste.

Now if he won and was flipping it on eBay I'd not be as enthused, but he seems genuinely eager to get into the hobby. I say, good for him, and welcome aboard..... but perhaps find a different forum, because I doubt Steve is changing his mind on this one.

you type a lot of stuff but do not read a fucking thing. The account was made by a existing member who is now banned. just remember the story of the boy who cried wolf. he got eaten by that wolf, and then his parents didnt even care. they had great time and went on te be happy forever after.

Say what??? What did i miss? ^

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

So the kid worked smart not hard to get the answer. No skin off my nose. Fix the ability to exploit or change the "rules" and move on.

Really I'd rather see this kid win than someone who already has a 5,000$ system. That's one of the big things that always bugged me about audio contests is the thought that I'd be rooting for someone to win who had absolutely nothing, or some walmart junk to win something nice.

We're not all poor with just one vehicle..... Some of us have a beast audio build and a nice daily driver that needs a system too.

The man with no shoes is still complaining even after seeing the man with no feet. Sorry, bro, no sympathy.

I kind of feel bad for SM if he got pooched out of views/revenue, but I sort of admire the kid for his creativity. Not like he won the megabucks, he won a decent first system that might get him 2nd or 3rd place in a rookie class around here with a professional install.

I love seeing new people get into the hobby, and if this kid is clever with programming/script writing he's likely to go big one day if he gets bit by the audio bug from his first taste.

Now if he won and was flipping it on eBay I'd not be as enthused, but he seems genuinely eager to get into the hobby. I say, good for him, and welcome aboard..... but perhaps find a different forum, because I doubt Steve is changing his mind on this one.

you type a lot of stuff but do not read a fucking thing. The account was made by a existing member who is now banned. just remember the story of the boy who cried wolf. he got eaten by that wolf, and then his parents didnt even care. they had great time and went on te be happy forever after.

Say what??? What did i miss? ^

was that dumbass who bought the 2 "$3000" home theater 650.

and one more thing...people think because i have a few nice things that i am rich and just toss $$ around. Well i don't and i am not rich. NOT EVEN CLOSE. When i drop a $100 prize for "guessing" the wattage of an amp (for no reason), it really is a gamble for me if someone guesses it. When i buy 4 amps for a youtube video and give 3 of them away after i am done testing, that shit hurts my pocket just like anyone else. But i like making people happy. So the prizes and the cash i offer is from the heart. That is what pisses me off about people who bitch.

so irritating. If the contest is not tailor made for YOU then it is flawed somehow.

You're taking me way wrong here. The contests are very cool, and I sincerely hope you're getting some money back through traffic and add clicks and such to keep the ball rolling. Obviously a SOTM rewards someone who already has everything they need, so what else can you do there?

Not having had the conversation with the kid, I might re-visit my opinion if he came off as an entitled prick.

I don't care about online contests whatsoever and don't enter them. Of course the guys with experience are more likely to win so really that's the nature of running a contest that's interesting is that it'll be weighted in favor of guys who already have stuff. My only point is that in general I'm happier to see someone who has absolutely nothing win some gear..... not that you should change your contests, or that your contests are bad or wrong. If I had a better idea I'd have offered it up, but I don't. The activity on this forum and your youtube view count speaks for itself.... what you're doing works.

And I did NOT catch that OP was a troll. 9/10 troll thread.... he got me.

hispl,

There has been numours times where the SOTM contest are limited down to certain criteria (such as 3000 watts or less, trunk class only, noob only, etc).

This way you dont have someones immaculate install that has 40,000watts and does 160db going against some kid and his pioneer 12s from walmart and his swap meet 1000watt amp.
It is also worth noting that the price isnt always an amp, speakers, or woofers, or a combination of all those together. Sometimes the price is 200$ coupon for a smd vendors product which you can buy deadener, wire, fuses, batteries, etc.

So making it sound like a popularity vote and only those big loud systems always win is far from true.

For anyone else that wants to complain I encourage you to step up to the plate like this site, vendors, and Steve do.

SOTM is on its 8th year straight! And average price is usually worth about $200 (sometimes way more sometimes a little less).

Thats 92 months of SOTM, and over $18,000 in Product that was giving out for free from this site, vendors, and Steve for doing something you already enjoy doing!

Archived