Sonic Electronix

just because you run a smaller fuse it doesnt makes things better. if your gear pulls more amperage than what the wire can take get ready to buy a new car.. wire will melt and ground out and you can kiss your car good bye.. there is a reason people use bigger wire regardless of the stock wire size... electrical is an area you dont want to cheap out

Simply put, energy follows the least path of resistance. Which is why most people use larger cable for this task.

Yes, you can leave your stock wiring alone and add to it.

You want to prevent voltage drop, not necessarily make stronger output voltage. My suggestion would be to upgrade all of your "under the hood" ground cables with nothing smaller than 2g wire. For starters, 4g wire should be fine to get you started ... But upgrade first chance you get.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

This system has already been very expensive and I'm not wanting to waste any more money if something else would do.

If you're running expensive equipment, why hamstring it with CCA wiring and just a 4 gauge lead to the batts?

Honestly, if you're that thin skinned, perhaps the interwebs isn't a place to ask for advice.

2015 Toyota Tacoma Build Thread

2007 Mazda 3; 5000K HID's, Kenwood Excelon KDC-X997, Infinity Reference 6.5 comps in front and coaxials in the rear doors, JL 320.4 four channel, Rab Designs built ported enclosure with an SA12, Kenwood monoblock, Redline Leater shift boot/e-brake boot/center console cover, JBR short shifter/shifter bushings/rear motor mount.

Build Thread

1996 Mazda Miata: Kenwood Excelon HU, Alpine speaker in the doors, Clearwater (miata specific) headrest speakers. 

1994 Mazda Protege: Kenwood Excelon HU, Infinity Reference 2 ways all around, 2x RF Punch 10's in ported boxes. 

I'm not that thinned skinned. Those comments just came very unexpected. I have had my systems installed by shops in the past and wanted to do this one myself and make sure it's done right. And ya after reading the comments I guess it would be dumb to cheap out on wire after spending a good deal on the rest. Thanks for the help guys! I'll definitely run 0g

And i'm going to run JBL 1001ez amp with 2 JBL 12's in a custom box.

I saw Steve Meade on his YouTube channel bench the 501ez and it got 750 certified so I'm hoping my 1000 will do as well

http://skyhighcaraudio.net/details#cid=292430 or http://skyhighcaraudio.net/details#cid=292427

4G OFC is rated at around 150amps

0G CCA is around 250amps

0G OFC is around 300amps

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

Ya i've looked around but couldn't find out any real numbers on CCA vs OFC. I'll get 4g OFC for amp power and use some 0g for big 3

What size fuse should i put on the 15ft 0g CCA run? I think I read somewhere 250 is whats usually used

You should fuse for the output of your alt.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Ya i've looked around but couldn't find out any real numbers on CCA vs OFC. I'll get 4g OFC for amp power and use some 0g for big 3

What size fuse should i put on the 15ft 0g CCA run? I think I read somewhere 250 is whats usually used

You should fuse for the output of your alt.

Not necessarily for the big 3. The fuses in the big 3 are just there to prevent the wire from moving more current than it is capable of. If you fuse to the alternator's output, you're just limiting the amount of current that the fuse will handle more than you need to.

2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7 club cab - Sold 2004 Audi S4 Avant

- Fi and Crescendo - Stock Bose System

- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota

136.4 Sealed @ 29hz

137.0 Drivers window open @ 26hz

Archived