Sonic Electronix

just because you run a smaller fuse it doesnt makes things better. if your gear pulls more amperage than what the wire can take get ready to buy a new car.. wire will melt and ground out and you can kiss your car good bye.. there is a reason people use bigger wire regardless of the stock wire size... electrical is an area you dont want to cheap out

True! I've had CCA start to melt on me before. It was only one run and now I know never to buy CCA again unless it is at least two runs

just fyi this was 1 0/1 CCA

if you've already "spent a lot of money" on your system, why not buy the most important factor of that system? I'm not trying to be funny or anything but I'm confused, if you say it was as expensive as it was you might want to get the best wire you can which would be 1/0 gauge whether its sky high, rockford fosgate etc etc. Just my 2 cents, again not trying to be funny or a smart ass...

i don't know why I even wasted my time trying to get some help from forum trolls. I wanted some input from more experience people willing to help. There is no "balling on a budget" here, it's just "balling." Period. I just don't want to spend money where its not necessary. If you would of read my post, I said it would be a supplemental wire. It would not be taking the full load of the alternator, so I was curious if it could do that. This system has already been very expensive and I'm not wanting to waste any more money if something else would do. So just because I have a NEW BMW and I don't want to waste money causes you a laugh? Do I hear jealousy?

I'll let y'all get back to your systems that cost 5x more than the crappy car its in! :asskiss:

Nga you have a 328, that's nothing special

Used to have a loud truck

2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq

2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s

You're alternator is 150amps. If its a convertible it has the bosch 180amp.

I would reccomend no less then 2 guage OFC. Personally I would do 0 guage with 150a fuses on EACH END.

You are totally overlooking how much current a CCA cable of 15 feet will loose under load.

If you pull 200 amps from 15feet of CCA, the WIRE ITSELF will already drop 1volt dc through resistance. Not including the voltage drop from the amp.

If your trying to be efficient and get the most out of everything, get it over with 0 or 2/0 copper period. CCA 4 guage is a waste of money. At that 15 foot you won't gain shit worth the money and labor.

i don't know why I even wasted my time trying to get some help from forum trolls. I wanted some input from more experience people willing to help. There is no "balling on a budget" here, it's just "balling." Period. I just don't want to spend money where its not necessary. If you would of read my post, I said it would be a supplemental wire. It would not be taking the full load of the alternator, so I was curious if it could do that. This system has already been very expensive and I'm not wanting to waste any more money if something else would do. So just because I have a NEW BMW and I don't want to waste money causes you a laugh? Do I hear jealousy?

I'll let y'all get back to your systems that cost 5x more than the crappy car its in! :asskiss:

Nga you have a 328, that's nothing special

I guess if you own a 30-40k car with 4 gauge CCA you are not middle class. You are automatically balling!

I'm sorry but I am cracking the fuck up. Never heard the word baller and 20$ in the same sentence before hahaha. No disrespect to anyone. Thanks for making me lol.

So just because I have a NEW BMW and I don't want to waste money causes you a laugh? Do I hear jealousy?

Because you have a NEW BMW and are worried about $20 we laugh

we also laugh because someone with a high end expensive car should want to do it right and not save a buck

I can only imagine the contractors you hire for the properties you manage

This system has already been very expensive and I'm not wanting to waste any more money if something else would do.

The fact that you say "wasting money" when talking about your car audio purchases shows

how much you really appreciate a quality build

:goyou:

:ibtb:

Ya i've looked around but couldn't find out any real numbers on CCA vs OFC. I'll get 4g OFC for amp power and use some 0g for big 3

What size fuse should i put on the 15ft 0g CCA run? I think I read somewhere 250 is whats usually used

You should fuse for the output of your alt.

Not necessarily for the big 3. The fuses in the big 3 are just there to prevent the wire from moving more current than it is capable of. If you fuse to the alternator's output, you're just limiting the amount of current that the fuse will handle more than you need to.

In this gentlemen's case, where his run off the alt travels the entire length of his car to the starter cell in the rear, i WOULD HIGHLY recommend he fuses both there AND at the rear bat....

HIGHLY

Archived